AirPods Pro 2 have a new firmware update

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
>>>There is currently a phasing issue that will shift audio between the earbuds<<<

I kept my AirPods Pro 2 connected so the update would take. I just checked again after 10pm eastern and the new update is there finally. I've been using them for about thirty minutes. The phasing or what some YT channels were calling drifting appears to be resolved. That bug was definitely annoying so happy it seems to be fixed.

Edit: 3 hours later of music listening after the update. I’d have seen one or two instances by now. The phasing-drifting is definitely fixed with the update.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been listening to music through my AirPods Pro 2 pretty much all week as well as using them for Zoom calls and meeting and I’ve not noticed any sort of drifting. In any case, I’m glad the issue has been resolved and I have updated its firmware.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I’ve been listening to music through my AirPods Pro 2 pretty much all week as well as using them for Zoom calls and meeting and I’ve not noticed any sort of drifting. In any case, I’m glad the issue has been resolved and I have updated its firmware.

The phasing-drifting definitely did not hit everyone. It’s possible it’s people like me with odd ear canals. My ears pass the ear tip fit test about half the time using the large. Third party X large passed the test at a somewhat higher rate. I have to readjust them in my ears about every 45 minutes. But the phase-drift definitely was happening. When I’d move my head left or right (I turned head tracking off, even turned Spatial off temporarily without remedying it). Left would get very briefly louder then it would quickly move right then quickly equalize. Never noticed it for TV or audio books, only music. Workouts would cause the phase-drift most often. But I’m glad to say after nearly 7 hours use since the os update, it is fixed!
This was my only big complaint for an otherwise excellent update by Apple to these APP Gen 2s. As of this moment I have only one minor complaint, volume control with the slide gesture is still not reliably engaged with the gesture. I use short pinch and long pinch frequently. But for the slide gesture I am often reaching to my watch to volume up or down. With that said, this is one of the closest to perfect next Gen updates that Apple has done.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77