Airpods disconnect instead of pausing music when removing from ear.

I

iMore Question

I have been using my airposts for a few weeks now and overall I love them. I do have one big complaint though. It is my understanding that when you are listening to music and you remove one from your ear, it is supposed to pause the music.

Unfortunately this has not been my experience. Every once in a while it works, but much more often when i remove one from my ear, the earpods just disconnect and the music starts playing through my iPhone speaker.

I primarily use them in a quiet office setting so its not ideal to remove the earpod from my ear and have the music start playing loudly from my iphone.

I am hoping there is a setting or something that can resolve this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blair Dee

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have already seen both of these and they didn't really address my issue. I am hoping that someone else has experienced (and resolved) this issue.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope this I not how the Apple AirPods are supposed to work. The music is supposed to pause and when on a call the removal of one AirPod should not pause the phone conversation. It appears that your AirPods are not working properly. If you haven't already, I suggest re-pairing. If that doesn't correct the issue, I would suggest going to the Apple Store.
This is how I have mine set up.
6a86f9399e5b40e1741f5b6eb845a398.jpg

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Mine worked the way they were supposed to for a month or so. I just had them replaced at the Apple Store because the sensor on the right earbud was not working constantly.

I would take them to Apple and get them swapped. They didn't ask any questions when I went in they just swapped them.

Blair Dee

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info! maybe I will head to the apple store. Whats weird is that it doesn't do this every time... some times it works properly.. sometimes, i remove the earpod and the music pauses... but then if i leave it out for a minute or two while talking to a coworker, the earpod disconnects and the music suddenly starts playing through the phone speaker. hopefully they can replicate this at the apple store.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info! maybe I will head to the apple store. Whats weird is that it doesn't do this every time... some times it works properly.. sometimes, i remove the earpod and the music pauses... but then if i leave it out for a minute or two while talking to a coworker, the earpod disconnects and the music suddenly starts playing through the phone speaker. hopefully they can replicate this at the apple store.

Apple is REAL good about tech support and customer service. I have no doubt they will believe you and will take care of you. :) They have certainly done so for me and have a customer for life! Yes sometimes I feel their prices are a bit high, BUT they make quality stuff and when it doesn't work right they stand by their customers!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77