A few words in praise of the ipod touch in the time of iphone madness

Hugh Massengill

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I am one who doesn't need a mobile phone, and I use Ooma at home. For the last year I have been using an ipod touch for music and apps and podcasts. I didn't know how much I loved it until I splurged and bought an iphone se. After all, The SE had great specs.

But today I send my new iphone back to Apple. I now see that the iPod touch is smaller, lighter, nearly as capable for what I want, and doesn't require activation or a monthly charge to my bank account. I just got a nice set of bluetooth headphones, and with a good after market purchase of earpads that actually fit, am loving listening to whatever Apple Music sends my way. On paper the SE is a wonder, but for me, it is too heavy, too expensive, and not needed.

So, while the ipod touch gets little respect these days, this is one geezer ( couple of months shy of 70) who thinks it a great invention and really adds to my life. Thanks Apple, hope you don't stop making more. I wish tech commenters would stop ridiculing those of us who still use an ipod.
Hugh Massengill, Eugene

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
There are too few of who need the touch. You could get an iPhone 5s for $200 and not stick a sim in it. At this point most people have access to smartphones so the touch is redundant.

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hugh I have a iPod ser. 4, still working, my wife uses that, I have a 16gig iPod ser. 6 and a iPod Nano 16gig, but I also have and use my iPhone 6+.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77