5 reasons I still use my iPod

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
iPod Reasoning:
-“(Music listening) is one of my favorite things to do, and when I do, I don’t want to be disturbed”. Doesn’t iPhone’s Do Not Disturb do what you need?
-“
Disconnect from the outside world” 1. Download part of your library. 2. Switch to Airplane Mode. 3 enjoy music while disconnected from the outside world.
-Form Factor, “fits perfectly in a pocket”. Fits right into your pocket right next to the iPhone that is already in your pocket?
-
Battery, “How long, realistically, does your iPhone last? You plug it in the evening, unplug it in the morning, and it just about lasts through the day”. iPhone 13 and 14, turn on Airplane Mode, turn on DND, let the multi day battery life begin. (In tests, not on Airplane mode took 10%, with Airplane mode 3%).

You love the iPod, nothing wrong with that. It is a different user experience but it’s all but completely redundant now. Some carried their Garmin GPS device with them because they liked it — but modern iPhones made that all but completely redundant.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iPod Reasoning:
-“(Music listening) is one of my favorite things to do, and when I do, I don’t want to be disturbed”. Doesn’t iPhone’s Do Not Disturb do what you need?
-“
Disconnect from the outside world” 1. Download part of your library. 2. Switch to Airplane Mode. 3 enjoy music while disconnected from the outside world.
-Form Factor, “fits perfectly in a pocket”. Fits right into your pocket right next to the iPhone that is already in your pocket?
-
Battery, “How long, realistically, does your iPhone last? You plug it in the evening, unplug it in the morning, and it just about lasts through the day”. iPhone 13 and 14, turn on Airplane Mode, turn on DND, let the multi day battery life begin. (In tests, not on Airplane mode took 10%, with Airplane mode 3%).

You love the iPod, nothing wrong with that. It is a different user experience but it’s all but completely redundant now. Some carried their Garmin GPS device with them because they liked it — but modern iPhones made that all but completely redundant.

Nailed it…:)

Reactions: Up_And_Away

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77