Unlock iPhone 6
Not sure where to post this so I'll just do it here. I have an iPhone 7 now and would like to unlock my iPhone 6. I have done this previously with AT&T and it worked fine (iPhone 4 and iPhone 5). But this time when I use AT&T's online unlock portal when I enter the IMEI number it says that the iPhone is not an AT&T iPhone and will not let me proceed.
Now, I originally purchased my iPhone 6 from AT&T when it was first released. It was under the old plans so I paid $300 and signed a 2 year contract. In April of this year I was having battery problems and Apple replaced my iPhone 6 under Apple Care+ warranty. I assumed Apple gave me another iPhone 6 locked to AT&T. Is there anyway for me to find out if this iPhone 6 is already unlocked? Other than putting in the SIM from another carrier and seeing if it works.
- 10-14-2016, 10:42 AM #2
- 10-14-2016, 06:57 PM #3
- 10-14-2016, 07:40 PM #4
- 10-14-2016, 07:46 PM #5
Re: Unlock iPhone 6
None of the online tools can give me a real answer. They just say this is either an AT&T or Tmobile iPhone and may or may not be unlocked...
My dad has an iPhone 5s on Tmobile, I will see him this weekend and try his SIM in my iPhone 6.
If that doesn't work what recourse would I have? Contact AT&T or Apple?
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2016, 01:16 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2016, 10:03 AM
- By kimee1975 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2016, 08:43 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-14-2016, 08:01 AM
- By TGB_Gym_Boss in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2016, 05:53 AM