Unlock iPhone 6

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Not sure where to post this so I'll just do it here. I have an iPhone 7 now and would like to unlock my iPhone 6. I have done this previously with AT&T and it worked fine (iPhone 4 and iPhone 5). But this time when I use AT&T's online unlock portal when I enter the IMEI number it says that the iPhone is not an AT&T iPhone and will not let me proceed.

Now, I originally purchased my iPhone 6 from AT&T when it was first released. It was under the old plans so I paid $300 and signed a 2 year contract. In April of this year I was having battery problems and Apple replaced my iPhone 6 under Apple Care+ warranty. I assumed Apple gave me another iPhone 6 locked to AT&T. Is there anyway for me to find out if this iPhone 6 is already unlocked? Other than putting in the SIM from another carrier and seeing if it works.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure where to post this so I'll just do it here. I have an iPhone 7 now and would like to unlock my iPhone 6. I have done this previously with AT&T and it worked fine (iPhone 4 and iPhone 5). But this time when I use AT&T's online unlock portal when I enter the IMEI number it says that the iPhone is not an AT&T iPhone and will not let me proceed.

Now, I originally purchased my iPhone 6 from AT&T when it was first released. It was under the old plans so I paid $300 and signed a 2 year contract. In April of this year I was having battery problems and Apple replaced my iPhone 6 under Apple Care+ warranty. I assumed Apple gave me another iPhone 6 locked to AT&T. Is there anyway for me to find out if this iPhone 6 is already unlocked? Other than putting in the SIM from another carrier and seeing if it works.

Swapping SIM cards is probably the easiest way. Having said that, you'll probably have to pay with any other method, in my opinion.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
None of the online tools can give me a real answer. They just say this is either an AT&T or Tmobile iPhone and may or may not be unlocked...

My dad has an iPhone 5s on Tmobile, I will see him this weekend and try his SIM in my iPhone 6.

If that doesn't work what recourse would I have? Contact AT&T or Apple?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73