So happy to have unlimited data back...

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
"Unlimited"*

*Need to have DirecTV or U-Verse
*Throttles after 22GB

Carriers should not be allowed to advertise "unlimited" if there are strings attached!

mrs_johnson7

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad as well...I paid off all of my three iPhone 6s Plus just to go back with a normal payment plan because it was ridiculous how much I was paying for all three phones on top of my regular cell phone bill and I already have DirecTV for the past three years so I am now with the unlimited data plan I'm happy with it also I get $10 off my DirecTV bill.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What's the deal with posting outside links? I see it all the time here on iMore?

The Community Rules & Guidelines do not "prohibit" outside links, but ask that members "link all related stories to the appropriate Mobile Nations blog." Having said that, it clearly states that we "reserve the right to remove links..." Or close threads. The mods will make a judgement call either directly or via the Mod Team Leader.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The Community Rules & Guidelines do not "prohibit" outside links, but ask that members "link all related stories to the appropriate Mobile Nations blog." Having said that, it clearly states that we "reserve the right to remove links..." Or close threads. The mods will make a judgement call either directly or via the Mod Team Leader.

Ok, thanks for the clarification...

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
"Unlimited"*

*Throttles after 22GB

Carriers should not be allowed to advertise "unlimited" if there are strings attached!

I am grandfathered in with unlimited data with AT&T and recently I found out that if I go over 22 GB (which i normally do) they will cut you off from the regular 4G network and force you to use LTE until the next billing cycle. I like LTE and all but I don't use it much due to it draining your battery faster but now I use wif fi alot so I don't go over the 22 GB as often.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
"Unlimited"*

*Throttles after 22GB

It is unlimited because there is no limit to the amount of data that you can use.

michaeljdewilde

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it's throttled after 22 GB when you are in what's deemed an area with network congestion....I've had unlimited with them for going on 4 months now, and I average about 30 GB and have yet to get throttled or have any slow connection. It's just a tool the companies use to try and manage network workloads to try and keep a consistent fair experience for both heavy uses and light users.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's throttled after 22 GB when you are in what's deemed an area with network congestion....I've had unlimited with them for going on 4 months now, and I average about 30 GB and have yet to get throttled or have any slow connection. It's just a tool the companies use to try and manage network workloads to try and keep a consistent fair experience for both heavy uses and light users.

Being an AT&T employee, I can confirm this. The throttling mainly happens in more densely populated areas.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I manage within the retail environment for now. How about you?

Same, for another couple of weeks. Are you an RSM? I am taking a position with another company. I'll miss my time at AT&T, but there's too many inconsistencies. My latest gripe is the 8 point rule, and I have an RSC who's at 8 points and another who's at 8.5, and anytime I go to push things forward the ERM and ARSM have issues with enforcing the policies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox