Unlimited Data Plan going up $5 February 2016

CrownIsle

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Any other ATT users get this email and contemplating changing their plan due to this? I was surprised to not see this on the forums here- at least not where I looked.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've seen some other posts about AT&T raising rates, but not for a while. As unlimited data plans are becoming a thing of the past I wouldn't be surprised to keep seeing gradual increases going forward. AT&T and Verizon, especially, have little incentive to keep unlimited rates low as less and less people are on those plans.

CrownIsle

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Valid pointe.

I just thought these old and original grandfathered unlimited plans seemed to be free of getting "adjusted"- as unrealistic as that view may be.

Why exactly would the unlimited be a thing of the past though- if it was to be contrasted to more current plans?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Why exactly would the unlimited be a thing of the past though- if it was to be contrasted to more current plans?

Carriers aren't offering unlimited plans like they used to and are offering pretty competitive incentives to switch over to capped plans (i.e. cheap iPhone leases, cash offers). They're not at all shy in the direction they're going.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal