How does stealing an upgrade work? Like from another line on your account?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am torn between just waiting to buy the unlocked phone which I assume won't be available for preorder this weekend or taking an upgrade from another line because sometime in the last two weeks ATT changed my eligibility for "early upgrade" to April. I knew I should've screenshotted that.

Has anyone ever swapped an upgrade on their account? How did that work? Does the upgrade just swap with yours? So if they say mine isn't eligible til April, will that line just switch to April and mine be a new Upgrade?

You can't really sell Gazelle a phone that's still under contract so I guess I'll confirm I can't do an early upgrade on Saturday at 2am before I cancel my Gazelle sale.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You order the new phone with the line that is eligible, then when you get the new phone you use your SIM in it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm stealing my Wife's upgrade....LOL, just kidding, she's giving me her upgrade. Lucky for me she's not into tech like ME. I will be giving her my three month old mint condition 6 Plus which isn't to shabby of a iPhone...SMILE

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am torn between just waiting to buy the unlocked phone which I assume won't be available for preorder this weekend or taking an upgrade from another line because sometime in the last two weeks ATT changed my eligibility for "early upgrade" to April. I knew I should've screenshotted that.

Has anyone ever swapped an upgrade on their account? How did that work? Does the upgrade just swap with yours? So if they say mine isn't eligible til April, will that line just switch to April and mine be a new Upgrade?

You can't really sell Gazelle a phone that's still under contract so I guess I'll confirm I can't do an early upgrade on Saturday at 2am before I cancel my Gazelle sale.

You order the new phone with the line that is eligible, then when you get the new phone you use your SIM in it.

Exactly. We do that dance every year when the new iPhone comes out. Papa (me) gets the new one, and the older devices get bumped down the line...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My husband isn't really interested in a new phone at all. In fact if he had his way he wouldn't have one at all. He wants nothing to do with being reachable and since some of you know what he does and who he works for, you will find the searing irony in that. But I guess if you think about it, it makes a little sense...I guess.

He's throwing a fit that I want to buy it at all, we need to buy him a new car and he is like "you're not really helping to save money, yknow."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2