Switch from AT&T to Cricket?

Matt Manahan

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased the iPhone 6 Plus on AT&T. I just found out that AT&T owns Cricket. Cricket's plans are much cheaper. Has anyone recently switched to Cricket from AT&T? Was your coverage different? Did it meet your expectations? The only "catch" I notice so far is download speeds are maxed to 8Mbps, but that should be plenty for my needs. Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Did you get a new 2 year contract with your new phone? Would you save more $$ on Cricket than the contract termination fee with AT&T? Things to think about before determining if a switch is possible...

codeda

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Switch from AT&T to Cricket?

I have great service on cricket and I have never had a problem with the speeds. I was hesitant because of that but never an issue. I love it and am saving SO Much more money. I'd definitely suggest it.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Re: Switch from AT&T to Cricket?

I have great service on cricket and I have never had a problem with the speeds. I was hesitant because of that but never an issue. I love it and am saving SO Much more money. I'd definitely suggest it.

The question is, besides the 8gb let cap, is the coverage exactly the same as AT&T? I'd like to know the trade offs

cronaldo

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

It should be since it's the same network basically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should is the keyword, many times with carriers when they open the "cheaper" option companies, the monthly AT&T contract customers get priority and many times you do not have access to all the towers. An example would be AT&T customers get access to 100% of the towers but GoPhone customers only get access to 70% of the towers and are not given priority in congested areas.

I would recommend getting a sim card from them and throwing it in a spare/cheap phone for a month and use it where you would normally use your AT&T iPhone and compare the coverage.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I switched a couple months ago. I have not experienced any issues with coverage at all. I cannot tell the difference between the two.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR