Anyone using a Verizon Iphone on AT&T?

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon 4G Iphones are completely unlocked, and the 5C, 5S, 6, and 6+ have 100% of the AT&T radios and are capable of full compatibility on AT&T.

I am contemplating giving a family member, on AT&T, a 6 or 6+ as a gift. I already have an AT&T nano sim.

Question: Is anyone on AT&T currently using a Verizon Iphone? Was it hard to setup on AT&T?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, I've read posts in the past where all it took was a SIM swap. Hopefully, however, this can be confirmed or not.

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Part of the issue is that they would be upgrading from an AT&T Iphone 3s, so I think AT&T would probably need to do some things on their end to activate, but hopefully it would be easy once they did.

Also, I would hope that any AT&T corp store would help a customer activate, even though it was a Verizon phone.

I've confirmed that it has all the hardware to fully support AT&T, so it's just a question of how to activate.

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have an old VZW 5 I gave to my daughter. It has her AT&T SIM. She gets HSPA+(4G) without any issue. That phone however will not let her use AT&T LTE.

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
That's good to know. The VZW Iphone 5 was not 100% compatible with AT&T. Anything released after it was: 5C, 5S, 6, 6+.

Still, it sounds like it was pretty easy for her to get it to work.

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Grandson is using a verizon iphone 5. Went to corporate store, daughter did all the leg work, seemed painless. Looks strange to see a verizon phone in the middle of all the ATT devices on the website where one monitors his plan, devices, data usage etc.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Verizon 5s with my At&t gophone plan with no problem and can access LTE coverage when it's available.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Just switched to AT&T today, using my Verizon iPhone 6. Completely functioning LTE including VoLTE (well, I should say I can set "Voice & Data" for LTE).

Went to AT&T store. Ported number. Put in SIM. Activated in seconds.

Michael Saxon

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Fwiw, this also works for T-Mobile. I bought a Verizon 6+, got a new sim card from tmo, and got all the tmo functionality including WiFi calling. As OP said, vzw versions have all the bands...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have used a version phone on cricket wireless(Owned by Att and operates on gsm) and it was as easy as swapping sims out.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I used iphone 6's on att that were originally issued from verizon. Activation was ten minutes if that. They just swapped the sims.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods