AT&T Mobile Share Plan

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Then you didn't read the link I posted above. Here it is again. Read # 5. AT&T Launches Best-Ever Prices for Families on its Best-in-Class 4G LTE Network | AT&T

i have confirmed it with a supervisor that you can't get device subsidy if you keep this plan.
Yeah. You can still get a subsidy at the end of the contract when you're eligible for an upgrade. But it means you can't keep one of these new plans. That's what isn't an option. I started a new contract on December 15th 2013 and show two upgrade eligibilities. One is to choose an installment plan for an upgrade (NEXT) on 5/15/2014 all while keeping the mobile share plan, or can get a phone at the subsidized price on 12/15/2015, sans keeping the same mobile share plan.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I switched our plan and NOWHERE is it mentioned that NEXT is our only option, and I confirmed that with multiple reps that you can still do subsidized upgrades. Mind you I was already on a mobile share plan, we just switched to a different mobile share option.

You won't be able to keep this new mobile share plan if you upgrade with a subsidized price. Regardless of whatever other plan you had prior.

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Then you didn't read the link I posted above. Here it is again. Read # 5. AT&T Launches Best-Ever Prices for Families on its Best-in-Class 4G LTE Network | AT&T

i have confirmed it with a supervisor that you can't get device subsidy if you keep this plan.

Ok...now I'm confused on what is and what isn't with the rules of these "special" mobile share plans. 😲

I read the "hidden" text under the plan listing but that doesn't really validate what the "true" options are when upgrading. 😕

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I recently switched from a 450 min/2GB/Unlimited text & mobile-to-mobile plan, that was costing me $85/mo before taxes and fees, to a Mobile Share Plan with unlimited talk/text and 2GB of data for $65/mo.

Before making the change, I asked the AT&T rep for specific info about my options at the end of my current contact. She said that I could:

1. Upgrade to a new iPhone using NEXT, and keep the Mobile Share plan
  2. Buy a new iPhone at full retail, and keep the MS plan
  3. Upgrade to a new iPhone at a subsidized price as I have in the past, but lose my MS plan, which would essentially mean that I would revert to my original plan.
It seems like a good deal to me, since I'll probably buy my next iPhone at full retail. And since my contract doesn't expire for another 18 months, there may be other plans available by that time.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
i love this new plan that they came out with. i got 6 lines all with iphone 5s for 190 unlimited text and calling with 10 gigs of internet. we end up paying about 218 with taxes and 25 dollars because a phone under our line is doing the next program. plus a 21% discount with my work. its pretty awesome, originally i was paying over 330.

godzirrasti

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I love the plan too Dennisgarcia! I have an iPhone 5s and a galaxy note 3. My wife has an iPhone 5s and an ipad mini. I pay about $190 each month. I have a 26% discount with my employer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
This is very confusing. I was on a mobile share plan with 3 iphones. We were paying $100 plus $35 for each phone. Two of these phones were only a few months old. My wifes iphone is over 2 years old. Her phone was eligible for a upgrade. Back in May, The ATT rep was pushing this plan to save me money. I was pushing back to wait for the iphone 6 to come out, so I could use my wifes phone as an upgrade. He assured me that I could switch to this new plan, and I could still get the subsidized upgrade in the fall. He said since her phone was already out of contract, I could upgrade at any time.

Now that the new iphone is coming out next week, I am worried from reading some of these posts. I checked the ATT website and it says her line can either do the NEXT upgrade or a discounted upgrade with a 2 yr plan.

I went from paying $180/mo after my company discounts, to now playing $130. saved $50 a month since May ($200), but if I have to spend full price for the iphone, it will have cost me about $400 to do this switch. I will be pissed for them lying to me.

raorth

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Well as it turns out, if I do want to upgrade, I have three options:

1. upgrade using the Next (basically pay monthly installments) (for phones that are eligible for early upgrade)
2. pay full retail price
3. subsidized price on new 2 year contract (for phones that are eligible).

Considering that my wife got a new S4 last year and gave her S3 to her mom, I have no real interest in upgrading, as I still love my jailbroke 4s...

I have been on the mobile share plan for over 1 year and had the same 3 options this AM for upgrading to the iphone 6. If I chose option 1 or 2 you keep the $25.00/mo discounted line rate under this plan. If you chose to sign another 2 year contract and get a subsidized phone (option 3), you lose the 25.00 discount/line. So, since we had two phones eligible, my phone bill would be an extra 50.00/mo if I went with option 2. I decided to buy both phones out right and keep the discounted per line rate.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
the new plans save you money but take away your subsidy, if you want a new phone you can then use Next, if you want the full subsidized price at&t the will increase your monthly bill ( per smartphone ) , like 20 or 25 a month per phone, I'm not sure exactly by how much.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
that's why they are pushing these new plans so bad, tv ads all over the place, but they don't tell you what you are really gonna pay for the phone..

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
that's why they are pushing these new plans so bad, tv ads all over the place, but they don't tell you what you are really gonna pay for the phone..

I'm currently paying $27 a month for 24 month to pay off my iPhone 6 which only comes out to $649. Which I can pay off at anytime, and then AT&T can unlock the phone. That is the exact amount the phone costs off unlocked. No upgrade fees of any kind.

And this is coming from someone that is constantly on the phone talking to customer support asking about my bill and charges.