Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Fausty82
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Thumbs down Why no noticeable outrage against ATT for cheating on unlimited data?

I signed up, as did many, for ATT's initial offer of unlimited data when I got my first iPhone. Much later, when I tried to set up a hotspot, I discovered that in order to do that I would have to sign up for a more expensive plan with a monthly cap on the amount. Just as banks are "too big to fail," ATT is too big to fight, unless there was a lot of outcry. They did relent on FaceTime by giving up their verbal quibbling whether this was an "add on" feature or not; I suppose this partly is because FaceTime is popular enough that discontent was heard. Now, in the world in which most of us live, if we violate a clear contract, we will get into trouble. But not so megacorps like ATT.

Does anyone know if there are any actions being taken on this? One of the media watchdog sites mentioned this problem one time, but that has been it. I realize few of us have the extra time it would take to make this a worthwhile pursuit. But if someone has decided on a class-action suit, they'd get my vote.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Why no noticeable outrage against ATT for cheating on unlimited data?

AT&T never violated your contract. Tethering was NEVER allowed on the unlimited data plans.
    Thanked by:
    Garz (01-03-2014)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,992 Global Posts

Default Re: Why no noticeable outrage against ATT for cheating on unlimited data?

Yep. No cheating here.

Also, you can no longer file class action lawsuits against cell phone companies in the US.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,589 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

lulz
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,197 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Totalimmortal363 View Post
    AT&T never violated your contract. Tethering was NEVER allowed on the unlimited data plans.
    Exactly right
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Move along folks... nothing to see here...

There’s no noticeable outrage because there’s no reason for anyone to be outraged...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    kch50428 and taz323 like this.