ATT Upgrade Eligibility

dan_es_4

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So before att next came out my eligibility said sometime in october. however, after it did, it now says im eligible for next on that same date but i cant get full upgrade pricing, the 199/299/399, until the day after my contract ends. they use to let me extend my contract and upgrade early about 6ish months before my contract ends. i really dont think next is a wise choice coz youre not getting a subsidized device nor a discounted plan. all theyre covering basically is the finance charge which in my case is not really a problem. does anyone else have this problem??? does anyone know how i can get an earlier upgrade date from att to get the new iphone??? my acct is in good standing havent been late once.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
AT&T revised their upgrade eligibility requirement back in June. The full policy is in this link, however, in short they are still allowing early partial upgrades after 6 months into a 2 year contract. I would call AT&T and see what they say about your upgrade eligibility if you are not seeing an upgrade on your account. AT&T Revises Upgrade Eligibility

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So before att next came out my eligibility said sometime in october. however, after it did, it now says im eligible for next on that same date but i cant get full upgrade pricing, the 199/299/399, until the day after my contract ends. they use to let me extend my contract and upgrade early about 6ish months before my contract ends. i really dont think next is a wise choice coz youre not getting a subsidized device nor a discounted plan. all theyre covering basically is the finance charge which in my case is not really a problem. does anyone else have this problem??? does anyone know how i can get an earlier upgrade date from att to get the new iphone??? my acct is in good standing havent been late once.

AT&T used to allow a full renewal discount at the 20 month mark into a 24 month contract... but that changed several months ago... now you are required to complete the entire 24 month contract before they allow you the upgrade price. As Rose said, they will offer you the "early upgrade" at the full upgrade price plus the $250 premium for an early upgrade. It’s a blatant money grab, but not much you can do about it...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2