can apple switch sims so I can have my i5 with AT&T instead of Sprint

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: I need to know

You're not going to be able to use your iPhone 5 on the AT&T network.

From what I understand, the "unlock" you will find for Sprint is to allow use on international networks, and even with an unlock, you will not be able to use your Sprint based iPhone 5 on the AT&T network (for anything, not just LTE).

Glad I saw this. I was under the assumption that it would work the same unlocked as a Verizon
iPhone 5 would (A1429)

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Just get the iPhone unlocked. It going to work. Don't listen to them. It doesn't matter if ur iPhone has a bad esn. Bc AT&T will use SIM card not esn number. Just google it.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/972190

It has been tested with a Verizon iPhone 5 on AT&T and it work. So a sprint iPhone will work on AT&T. Just get it unlocked

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

That link says exactly what many have been saying here. The phone will work on AT&T but he won't be able to use LTE on AT&T. One of the major feature on the iPhone 5 is it's LTE radio so why would u wanna sacrifice that? Sell it. Pay the difference for an iPhone 5 att version

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Just get the iPhone unlocked. It going to work. Don't listen to them. It doesn't matter if ur iPhone has a bad esn. Bc AT&T will use SIM card not esn number. Just google it.

Can I use the Sprint / Verizon iPhone 5 (A1429) on AT&T's GSM network? | The iPhone FAQ

It has been tested with a Verizon iPhone 5 on AT&T and it work. So a sprint iPhone will work on AT&T. Just get it unlocked

Hey look! Conflicting information on that same website! Can I use the Sprint / Verizon iPhone 5 (A1429) on AT&T's LTE network? | The iPhone FAQ

But let's play devil's advocate here...what if you can get it to work with 3G...you're seriously going to use an iPhone 5 without LTE? That'd be like buying a Ferrari to plow snow.

But hey, what do I know..."ur" the genius here right? lol..."It going to work."

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Hey look! Conflicting information on that same website! Can I use the Sprint / Verizon iPhone 5 (A1429) on AT&T's LTE network? | The iPhone FAQ

But let's play devil's advocate here...what if you can get it to work with 3G...you're seriously going to use an iPhone 5 without LTE? That'd be like buying a Ferrari to plow snow.

He didn't ask about about lte. He just asked if he can use a sprint iPhone on AT&T. And some people don't use lte or don't even have it yet. I got my sprint iPhone 5 in oct. and didn't have lte till march. So u telling me that I should have waited march bc like u said you're seriously going to use an iPhone 5 without LTE?

Last edited by a moderator:

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

And I told him it will not work with AT&T lte but still work AT&T 3G

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

They are going to want the full amount and the termination fee too much money

Just go to the apple store and get a warranty swap. Say the home button keep on messing up. They will give u Another iPhone 5 with a new esn number. Then sell it.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Just go to the apple store and get a warranty swap. Say the home button keep on messing up. They will give u Another iPhone 5 with a new esn number. Then sell it.

Great !! What's a good price to sell it for

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Not going to happen. The ESN is associated a users account. Therefore if there is money owed on the account Sprint won't activate the replacement iPhone for the buyer until the account that it was on has been paid off.... If it were that simple, everyone would be doing this....

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Not going to happen. The ESN is associated a users account. Therefore if there is money owed on the account Sprint won't activate the replacement iPhone for the buyer until the account that it was on has been paid off.... If it were that simple, everyone would be doing this....

Wrong!!!!!!! When u get the swap u don't have to Activate the phone on the spot. And the only thing associated with account is the SIM card.
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...on-12/bought-iphone-bad-esn-no-problem-55975/

http://m.imore.com/thieves-apple-stores-replace-stolen-iphones

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

U should stop giving wrong information and next time google it. And for your information. My friend bought a iPhone 4S and he didn't know it was a bad esn bc of money owe to sprint. We took it to a apple store and the home button was not working. They swap it and I add it to my account.

madeinhb

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

U should stop giving wrong information and next time google it. And for your information. My friend bought a iPhone 4S and he didn't know it was a bad esn bc of money owe to sprint. We took it to a apple store and the home button was not working. They swap it and I add it to my account.

I think most people still are thinking about the older 3G phones. Those phones esn could be locked to prevent activation on other accounts. With the LTE phones, the phone is linked by the lte SIM card. That's how it registers. However, that is for data. The voice still is the same and has an esn, so a carrier can still lock that esn.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

You gamed the system Bully for you... I gather the OP's phone is in fine working order other than owing money to Sprint... so you're advocating misrepresenting that to Apple in order to obtain a device with a "clean" ESN... that's just wrong.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Try it. My iPhone 5 verizon model A1429 works with AT&T just will not pull AT&T LTE.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal