Has AT&T/Apple port request screwed up my iPhone 5 order?

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Long story short: Per AT&T's advice I asked to port my wife's non-AT&T number to my new iPhone as part of the pre-order process. I got in the 2nd wave, but I was assured the port wouldn't happen till my iPhone 5 arrived and was activated.

Of course, today my wife's phone was deactivated, port was completed on the old carrier's end, but on AT&T side the ported number was in limbo. 3 calls and a trip to an AT&T corporate store and my wife's non-AT&T phone is back up and running but the store rep is convinced that Apple/AT&T will cancel my pre-order.

Anybody else have anything similar happen? Any thoughts as to what I can do to ensure my order stays in effect?

Why is this always such a fluster-cluck? I even called AT&T 2 weeks in advance to make sure how to do this, but every rep gives you a different answer....

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Long story short: Per AT&T's advice I asked to port my wife's non-AT&T number to my new iPhone as part of the pre-order process. I got in the 2nd wave, but I was assured the port wouldn't happen till my iPhone 5 arrived and was activated.

Of course, today my wife's phone was deactivated, port was completed on the old carrier's end, but on AT&T side the ported number was in limbo. 3 calls and a trip to an AT&T corporate store and my wife's non-AT&T phone is back up and running but the store rep is convinced that Apple/AT&T will cancel my pre-order.

Anybody else have anything similar happen? Any thoughts as to what I can do to ensure my order stays in effect?

Why is this always such a fluster-cluck? I even called AT&T 2 weeks in advance to make sure how to do this, but every rep gives you a different answer....
Only thing I see is... Call ATT, make yourself heard, and have them assure you that they'll reserve you one in store on launch day. It's the obvious thing to do on their part - they screwed up not you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73