After all that... I'm sticking with AT&T

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Last year my elegibility date for the 4S was november 24th, a couple of days before that at&t changed it to February 2012, when I called them they couldn't really tell me why that happened but one of the representatives said I did some changes to my plan a few weeks earlier, i dont remember what I did but it was only a feature change, nothing that should affect the contract, she recommended NOT to make any changes to your plan when the upgrade date is approaching..
They were not able to change the date but they offered me a 125 dollars credit to my account, which I accepted =)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Last year my elegibility date for the 4S was november 24th, a couple of days before that at&t changed it to February 2012, when I called them they couldn't really tell me why that happened but one of the representatives said I did some changes to my plan a few weeks earlier, i dont remember what I did but it was only a feature change, nothing that should affect the contract, she recommended NOT to make any changes to your plan when the upgrade date is approaching..
They were not able to change the date but they offered me a 125 dollars credit to my account, which I accepted =)

That is very, very odd, since account features have absolutely nothing to do with your upgrade status. I've made changes to my account just before I upgraded to the iPhone 5 and nothing changed with it.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
That is very, very odd, since account features have absolutely nothing to do with your upgrade status. I've made changes to my account just before I upgraded to the iPhone 5 and nothing changed with it.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

They were probably just making that up... They said that my monthly bill went down a bit because of the change I made and that might've triggered the date change..

wmchaffins

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
" When you are given upgrade pricing, AT&T is essentially giving you a loan (the subsidy). You pay off that loan by paying your bill. If you were late twice in a year, you were late for over 16% of your payments. The only way to prove to AT&T that you're a valuable customer is to make your payments on time. "

Sorry I disagree with that statement. Given upgrade pricing by At&T is NOTHING like a loan at all. That analogy does not ring true to me.

Very interested in reading about your experience, though.

shaun church

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like switching to Verizon originally would have been easier. Hindsight, huh? I hate AT&T; I've been through virtually the same nonsense described here. I'm ready. This seals it.

Thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2