Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Will AT&T match prices?

Does anyone know if AT&T is matching Sprint's price of 149.99 on a new 4S at their stores? Or do I need to go to Apple retail?

Thanks for any help.

Global Posts
    11,648 Global Posts
    iOS Version

One never knows until one tries... but, I doubt it.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,534 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

They are not known to match prices...Best Buy did a really great deal on the iPhone 4 at one point, and lots of people tried to get AT&T to match and were turned down (Apple did the same thing). If i remember correctly it was when Best Buy was first putting the iPhone into their mobile phone kiosks...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

Global Posts
    2,467 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The iPhone 4S is $125 at RadioShack, on Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. That would solve your problem.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Thanks for the info so far, but I would really like to be able to do it at a store so that the charges can be applied to the next bill. It's a business use phone so this would save me a lot of hassle and paperwork. I intend to give it a shot sometime over the next few days.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxjaz View Post
    Thanks for the info so far, but I would really like to be able to do it at a store so that the charges can be applied to the next bill. It's a business use phone so this would save me a lot of hassle and paperwork. I intend to give it a shot sometime over the next few days.
    It never hurts to ask, however, going by AT&T's history I'm going to say I doubt they'll do it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    11,648 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxjaz View Post
    Worst they can do is say, "no.".
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version

A company owned store can, at the managers discretion, match a price. A retailer will almost certainly not, they have to work off of cost and profits per handset and that would put them in the negative.