Att only allowing facetime over 3/4G on shared everything plans only

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It was reported a while back that AT&T was going to do something like that. To be honest, it doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. Moving to the everything shared plan has been great for me at Verizon. Now I don't have to pay extra for using the hotspot feature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah its a good thing for some people but with my 3 smartphones I'd pay more for less data.

glad it is good for you but i think if you pay for data then you dont pay per device. its like double dipping imo

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
yeah its a good thing for some people but with my 3 smartphones I'd pay more for less data.

glad it is good for you but i think if you pay for data then you dont pay per device. its like double dipping imo

But you also have to take in account that you have unlimited calls and messages. So the way that I look at it, you have replaced the $39.99 base price for 450 voice minutes with the phone cost, but now you get unlimited calls and text messages added. As for data. I can now pay $70 for data on three devices when in the past, it would cost me $30 per device. Plus, hotspot was extra, now that is included. This is assuming that the shared family plan for AT&T is the same as Verizon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
i believe it is the same as verizon. i already have unlimited texts so thats not a biggie and who still makes phone calls, haha

either way im glad it will work out for you but after looking into it i dont think it will benefit me. the tethering i have a china telcom os on my blackberry 9900 so i can tether now thanks to it being on os 7.1.

not an iphone user so i have a blackberry 9900 and a playbook. with the bridge feature you really dont need tethering to surf the web on the playbook. if i were to get an ipad then id have to turn on my hotspot in the options.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm officially done with AT&T. I get out of the Army in two weeks and I wasn't going to use my orders to cancel my plan with At&t but now I am FOR SURE. They are robbing customers blind it's ridiculous. They make you pay for every little thing.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes I'm officially done with AT&T. I get out of the Army in two weeks and I wasn't going to use my orders to cancel my plan with At&t but now I am FOR SURE. They are robbing customers blind it's ridiculous. They make you pay for every little thing.

Where are you going to go? Seems like all the carriers nickel and dime you.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

It would cost me a extra $80 a month to switch to shared data with the same data I have now. Would be a stupid move for me.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

The grass isn't any greener anywhere else. Vzn is more expensive at what I looked at and Sprints data is almost useless.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
If Sprint's LTE service is as spotty and crappy as their CDMA 3G service is, good luck with that.

That's the thing sprint isn't spotty in the Washington DC area I live in as well as the Fayetteville nc area I live in. So I don't need luck. All it takes is a little research. Now where you live maybe they are, but I'm not you.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am considering jumping ship to Verizon after 5 years with good ol' American Telephone and Telegraph. Not because I am unhappy with their policies and service level, but more because my company pays for verizon phone service. With their LTE available where I live and travel to, I can use simultaneous voice and data. However with AT&T I am able to get a new iPhone each year, every year........and I don't want to lose that. Hmmm......

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site

Thanks for your service...

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing sprint isn't spotty in the Washington DC area I live in as well as the Fayetteville nc area I live in. So I don't need luck. All it takes is a little research. Now where you live maybe they are, but I'm not you.

I may live in the Corn Patch on Hee Haw, but I work in Memphis and I dropped calls with Sprint every time I tried to use my phone. I couldn't even get 1x service inside my office.

Lots of people aren't happy with Sprint's spotty coverage. Their plans are super cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73