AT&T roaming charges in Vietnam

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
One of my relatives are going to Vietnam very soon and wants to know AT&T's roaming charges in Vietnam.

If it's really expensive, where could my relative buy an AT&T sim card that works with an iPhone 3Gs?

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
They will be very expensive for roaming data, depending on usage. Could easily top $5k a month. If his phone is not SIM locked, he can buy a local prepaid SIM card. If his phone is SIM locked, I would recommend he pick up a cheap local phone with a prepaid SIM and use it for local texts and calls - then use his iPhone on wifi connections...

AT&T is not cheap for international roaming. He also needs to contact them and enable roaming before he leaves.

Reactions: hpcomputergeek

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
They will be very expensive for roaming data, depending on usage. Could easily top $5k a month. If his phone is not SIM locked, he can buy a local prepaid SIM card. If his phone is SIM locked, I would recommend he pick up a cheap local phone with a prepaid SIM and use it for local texts and calls - then use his iPhone on wifi connections...

AT&T is not cheap for international roaming. He also needs to contact them and enable roaming before he leaves.

Thanks for the info.

Would the SIM card have to have special network frequency so the Sim would work with the iPhone?

Also, I would be able to unlock his iPhone for him with Ultrasn0w but I'm not sure if it will work with a Vietnamese pre paid sim card.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77