Moving from Verizon to T-Mobile

Tom_K49

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking about switching to T-Mobile and I would like to bring my Verizon iPhone 6 which I paid in full. I know the phone will work on T-Mobile's network, but does anyone know for sure if the wi-fi feature will also work. T-Mobile customer service has said only their branded iPhone will work, but searching the Internet there is information that it will work. I am hoping someone can verify.

Thanks.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about switching to T-Mobile and I would like to bring my Verizon iPhone 6 which I paid in full. I know the phone will work on T-Mobile's network, but does anyone know for sure if the wi-fi feature will also work. T-Mobile customer service has said only their branded iPhone will work, but searching the Internet there is information that it will work. I am hoping someone can verify.

Thanks.

Wifi feature? You mean talk over wifi? I believe that's exclusive to TMobile at the moment. It would be later for the others.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Wifi calling? It should... Once you get an active T-Mobile SIM... Hook up to iTunes and backup... Restore the iOS... Then restore your backup... This should force the phone to download/install the T-Mobile carrier bundle and make it work.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe it should. There is no OS specifically for a T-Mobile iPhone, so once you have your T-Mobile SIM card in there it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk