Switching to T-Mobile

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about switching to T-Mobile from AT&T. I'm wanting a cheaper bill and unlimited data. I live in Kentucky. Haven't had any problems with AT&T. I just get close to using over 10 gb a month and I'm not in contract with them either cuz I bought my 6 plus out right. Any help would be appreciated.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just get an account with T-Mobile... and a T-Mobile SIM for your phone - put it in, boot it up and you should be good to go.

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I too was in your position, I had AT&T and the bill was just too much. I switched over to T-Mobile, now I get unlimited data plus the bill is way cheaper! I'm not going to lie AT&T has better coverage but That doesn't mean T-mobiles coverage is bad, it's pretty good. The fact that T-Mobile offers unlimited and the bill is cheaper, wins me over AT&T's good service.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Would you go with Sprint or T-Mobile???

Sprint, no. The data speeds, reliability, and network itself just aren't on par. I used to work for one of their subsidiaries. I'd vote no on that one honestly.

T-Mobile, yes. If it works good in your area that is. I'll say, if it works, it'll generally work very well. However, if it's in 2G land, it'll be really slow and unsuitable for data.

As for the AT&T phone, if you bought it outright it may still be locked if it was sold specifically for AT&T only. However, I don't see an issue with getting it unlocked. Just make sure it's unlocked before you cancel your AT&T service.

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Sprint, no. The data speeds, reliability, and network itself just aren't on par. I used to work for one of their subsidiaries. I'd vote no on that one honestly.

T-Mobile, yes. If it works good in your area that is. I'll say, if it works, it'll generally work very well. However, if it's in 2G land, it'll be really slow and unsuitable for data.

As for the AT&T phone, if you bought it outright it may still be locked if it was sold specifically for AT&T only. However, I don't see an issue with getting it unlocked. Just make sure it's unlocked before you cancel your AT&T service.

I bought my 6 plus at the Apple store. It should be unlocked. How do I find out if it's unlocked???

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Borrow a friend's SIM from another carrier if you can.
You could also go to IMEI.info website.
You'll need to register a free account to get unlock status though.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I just switched to T-mobile from AT&T for the same reasons. the good news is they hope to convert all their 2G towers over to LTE by the end of the year. so even if you're in a 2G area, you probably won't be for long. They're also putting out a new system called band 12 that apparently goes through buildings and reaches rural areas better. I'm hoping the iPhone 6S will support this.

I think T-mobile is a great deal if the coverage is good where you live. 80 bucks a month for unlimited everything. now I can stream Netflix over the cellular network while on lunch break and not worry about how much data I'm using.

I got great coverage where I live and decent coverage where I work. I got coverage pretty much everywhere I'd need it to be. and the only place thats still 2G is my sisters house and that won't be for long, as I say they're upgrading their system.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
coverage depends on where you are. its no question that currently verizon and AT&T have much wider coverage. but depending on your needs, that may be irrelevant. the town I live in, and the major cities here in oklahoma, all have coverage from T-mobile, and I rarely have a reason to venture into rural areas where T-mobile is weak. so for me the 80 dollars a month for unlimited everything is well worth the occasional times when I won't have service in some rural area. and if what I'm reading about this band 12 thing pans out, T-mobile will rapidly catch up to the big boys on coverage, very soon, and if apple's next iphone supports this, That will render the coverage issue moot. AT&T and verizon gouge their customers on price. its ridiculous. of course once T-mobile can compete on coverage that may change. they'll be forced to lower prices or lose their customers, customers who now live in areas with poor T Mobile coverage and have no choice but the big boys and their high prices.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods