T-Mobile removing corporate discounts

elthesensai

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
So how do you guys feel about that? Was it a bait and switch? Anyone just signed up and feel cheated? I'm curious to know what some of you guys feel about it. And you just switched are you switching back to your old carrier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I assume they have more than enough subscribers to no longer need to provide a corporate discount in order to attract customers. As for how I feel about it, it is what it is. I've seen it done many times with other businesses. Anyway, I'm not with T-mobile, but if I were, it wouldn't bother me a bit as long as its mobile service met my needs.

UPDATE: http://forums.imore.com/imore-com-n...al-corporate-discount-existing-customers.html

Last edited:

genoist

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That's not the whole story:

True: They are not offering NEW corporate discounts.

Existing customers are required to renew their discount every year. If you still work for the company, you can keep the discount by renewing it. If you don't work for the company, you cannot keep the discount. Seems fair.

Also, if you no longer work for the company that your discount is through, but work for a different company that has a discount, you can switch to that discount.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
You must be pretty damn cheap if you are complaining about T-Mobile prices. T-Mobile has the best prices, great service, real unlimited data without speed throttling and my data speeds are 4 times faster than Verizon, AT&T and 10 times faster than Sprint. T-Mobile also gives you free data for your tablet and so much more. They have turned the industry upside down and that is a good thing. Thank You, T-Mobile, Thank You, John Legere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jnorton2724

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile already offers really great pricing compared to other carriers and there service has improved a lot. I'll be switching from att.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I've been with T-Mobile for nearly 13 years now and their prices are indeed great. A couple of months after I added a line for my mother to my plan in the spring of '13, we got a corporate discount of 15% since she works at one of the CUNY colleges. I was worried it would be removed after all that hoopla, but we kept it. Our bill with four lines now is incredible, just $116 between us.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear they took care of you. Like you I've been with T-Mobile for a very long time and honestly I live in a suburb of Boston and T-Mobile has the fastest data and best coverage. Just couldn't be happier. John Legere and his new team have done wonders for the Network. Good Luck

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Love T-Mo as a company but the service is terrible where I live. Plus I travel a lot and don't want to chance having shotty service. I'm outside of Boston right now & my Verizon is pretty awesome.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner