AT&T iphone 4/4s on t-mobile.

Balti43

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I want to buy an iPhone 4/4s for my mother and i was curious if an iPhone 4 (AT&T) unlocked would work well on t-mobile. or (i know that iPhone 4s AT&T are capable of handling AT&T's 4g network) if the iPhone 4s would be able to handle Tmobile's 4G network unlocked.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thread moved to the T-Mobile forum for better exposure.

As long as the AT&T iPhone 4/4S that you want to use is unlocked it will work perfectly on T-Mobiles network. I was using a T-Mobile Sim in my old unlocked AT&T iPhone 4 and 4S, and both worked perfectly fine.

Sent from my iPad Air.

Last edited:

Balti43

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Thread moved to the T-Mobile forum for better exposure.

As long as the AT&T iPhone 4/4S that you want to use is unlocked it will work perfectly on T-Mobiles network. I was using a T-Mobile Sim in my old unlocked AT&T iPhone 4 and 4S, and both worked perfectly fine.

now as for the question on 4G.. are you getting tmobiles 4g on your 4S?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
now as for the question on 4G.. are you getting tmobiles 4g on your 4S?
Sent from my iPad Air.

I don't have my 4S anymore as I sold that a while ago. However, the speeds that I was getting was about 2-4Mbps up and less than 1Mbps down. So while the speed was alright it was still slow for 4G. Right now I'm using a T-Mobile sim in my AT&T iPad Air getting LTE speeds of 33Mbps up and 8Mbps down. T-Mobile seems to be improving their network everyday, therefore they may have improved their 4G network since I last used it as well.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Be really careful about this. While ATT iPhones can be unlocked and used on t-mobile, only the iPhone 5 models released after April 2012 have native support for the 3G band used by t-mo. T-Mobile is reframing their network to offer 3G to older devices like yours but coverage is very spotty still. My unlocked 5 on t-mo gets 4G/LTE no problem, but?because they haven't reframed my area with the new 3G support?if there's no LTE it drops directly to Edge or GPRS.

More here: http://m.imore.com/2g-4g-my-bizarre-iphone-5-experience-t-mobile