T-Mobile releases Carrier update
iMore's coverage: T-Mobile USA releases carrier update to bring LTE to unlocked iPhone 5
If you have an iPhone 5 on T-Mobile with this carrier update, and have access to their LTE, let us know what kind of speeds you're seeing - reply below.
Apple iOS Software Overview: iPhone Support | T-Mobile
T-Mobile Carrier Update
- Compatible with iOS software version 6.1.X
- This update will not change the software version on your device.
- Updated 4/05/2013
- Available to all eligible iPhones using a T-Mobile SIM card
Enables the following:
- Visual Voicemail
- 4G network indicator
- Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS)
- AWS LTE (T-Mobile and officially unlocked AT&T iPhone 5 only)
- HD Voice (T-Mobile and officially unlocked AT&T iPhone 5 only)
- AWS HSPA+ (T-Mobile and new 2013 AT&T iPhone 5 only)
- Auto configures:
- MMS Settings
- Personal Hotspot Settings (Smartphone Mobile Hotspot)
- APN settings for LTE connectivity
- My Account bookmark
- Battery life (result of network/device optimization)
- T-Mobile iPhone or any officially unlocked GSM iPhone
- Latest iOS software version
- Device software is not jailbroken
- 50% battery life or connected to a power source
- Data connection or a computer with iTunes and internet access
- Minimum of 1 MB available memory (File size of update is ~10 KB)
Important: It is highly recommended you complete a backup (via iCloud or iTunes) prior to updating device software. This is a safety measure that will ensure you do not lose any contacts, messages, pictures, or other important device data.
Check software version / Manually update software wirelessly
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
From the Home Screen, tap Settings.
Tap Software Update.
After the device searches for available software updates, it will display the current version.
If an update is available, tap Download.
After the download has completed, tap Install to update.
Manually update using iTunes
You can manually check for and download updates using iTunes. To check for and install available updates, follow the below steps.
Note: It is recommended using the latest version of iTunes.
Connect iPhone to the computer using the included USB cable.
After iTunes opens, select your device when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
Click Check for Update in the Summary pane.
If an update is available, iTunes prompts you to download and install the update.
Important: Do not disconnect your device until the update has finished.
Last edited by kch50428; 04-11-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: add
- 04-11-2013, 03:06 PM #2
Re: T-Mobile releases Carrier update
The iMore article still exists... the TMobile support page linked above still exists... and the link at the bottom of the post downloads a carrier settings file... TMobile may have indeed decided to hold their roll-out until they launch tomorrow - and if they did, it's not a big deal.
- By daunte in forum iTunesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-14-2009, 09:51 AM
- By oateo in forum iPhone 4Replies: 0Last Post: 10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
- By Hakala in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 10-09-2009, 05:05 PM
- By allabout17 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 42Last Post: 09-26-2009, 11:58 PM
- By sickyd in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 3Last Post: 02-11-2009, 04:58 PM