Your Rating of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'

How would you rate 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' on a scale of 1-10?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 5 18.5%

Votes: 9 33.3%

Votes: 9 33.3%

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

rzandel1980

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I say a 9 as well. Abrams did a great job with it and I'm hoping that everything will still feel like Star Wars with episode VIII because of the fact that JJ isn't doing it. The continuity and sound FX and all that is pretty important as a fan so my fingers are crossed for a positive outcome.

thomasnhughes

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I have mixed feelings about it. I really liked it as a movie but it just seemed kinda disconnected from the rest of the universe for me.

It was well done though and way better than episode I.

jorge Hewitson

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
personally did not like me, I think it is a remake of the previous films, lamentablemte build another Death Star, and there is nothing new in my opinion

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Thought it was terrible. Much of it due to the villain especially after he takes off the mask and from then on. And much of it due to our heroes who have skills they shouldn't have. Seems like they played it safe. More of a "you better not mess this up" kind of thing. So let's borrow religously from IV and add in some familiar faces. And what is the resistance doing exactly while this new bad side builds up? They're not the resistance anymore, they defeated Vader. They're the ones in power or should be.

Just a bad story all around. But seems to be acceptable to many which is sort of sad. Was it better than episode I? Not IMO. Even though the first had problems and one awful character, it still told a story that made more sense. And that matters. This latest was just silly.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I finally got around to seeing the movie..... and I will buck the opinion of my friends and give the movie a "meh+".

It just didn't move me like I was expecting. I had to suppress an tremendous urge to yell "It's a trap!" during the rebel war room scene after spotting fish head Admiral Ackbar.

Basically.... the plot seemed deja vuish to me. Why do the bad guys keep trying to build a death star only to have the rebels blow it up every time?

Almost everything seemed to be a rehash of what we have seen before in prior films.

Speaking for myself.... I think I enjoy the Star Trek reboots with Chris Pine more.

I enjoyed star trek more as well. The deja vu moments can be more forgiven in those films since it's basically a time travel reboot. Although the moment with spock and kirk (dying) was just awful.

Wonder why Luke allowed everything to go to crap? She should've smacked him upside the head at the end (since there's not much she can't do apparently...being a scavenger on a third world planet seemingly teaches you all you need to know, including defeating trained Jedi Knights and flying spaceships). Not much in this current star wars makes much sense.

auribe14

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was a great Star Wars movie. It worked in the SW Universe, brought back old characters and introduced new ones. Can't wait for Rogue One and SW VIII.

Altergeist

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I quite enjoyed it I must say. My only real bugbear is the slightly weak CG on those horrible beasties Han and Chewie are moving on their freighter. Otherwise was much better than I was expecting. For all it's faults, I can't imagine George Lucas would have done a better job.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods