Grrrr... Sprint Pre-Order of the SE

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So my wife and I decided to port our numbers over (from ATT) to Sprint and get two new iPhone SEs, a Rose Gold 64gb for her, Grey 64gb for me.

I placed the order at 7:45am (EST) on March 24th, when the pre-orders went live.

March 30, we get an email saying phones will be arriving the next day. March 31 (release day) shows up and my wife's phone showed up via UPS. Mine does not. Checking the website says mine was delayed. Ok, no biggie. That happens.

So today (April 1), I check the order tracker and it says it was ready for pickup at 1:18am on March 31 (so shouldn't it have been picked up and shipped that day?) and left the facility this morning. Well, got my delivery estimate, and my phone will be arriving TUESDAY, a full 5-days after release day, because Sprint sent mine (the delayed one) GROUND SHIPPING. :-|

This is not very confidence inspiring and actually has us rethinking the switch. Grrrr...

Anyone else have similar issues?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This one act has you rethinking your switch? You didn't switch for phones. I assume you switched for services/costs. Otherwise you would have just gotten your phones through AT&T. These things happen. Saturday and Sunday's don't typically count as shipping days unless Saturday shipping is specifically requested (Which I probably wasn't because it wasn't known if your phone would be ready for Saturday delivery and they wouldn't charge you for a Saturday date without knowing if it could be accomplished).

I've had similar experiences. I let it go and accept that things happen during shipping. As long as everything works as expected when it arrives, I'm good.

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This one act has you rethinking your switch? You didn't switch for phones. I assume you switched for services/costs. Otherwise you would have just gotten your phones through AT&T. These things happen. Saturday and Sunday's don't typically count as shipping days unless Saturday shipping is specifically requested (Which I probably wasn't because it wasn't known if your phone would be ready for Saturday delivery and they wouldn't charge you for a Saturday date without knowing if it could be accomplished).

I've had similar experiences. I let it go and accept that things happen during shipping. As long as everything works as expected when it arrives, I'm good.

Yes, it has me rethinking because I am on the fence on Sprints customer service, and phones/service are a big expense. I mean, with generally any company, if a product was late to ship, I would just expect them to at least try and make it right, you know? And by Sprint sending the my phone the cheapest (and slowest) method doesn't exude a feeling of caring about their customer. We are switching mainly to save money, but are also weary of leaving a positive customer experience with AT&T.

I know, it sounds silly and petty to be frustrated about this, but it's also the first time I've not received a preordered device on launch day or the day after. It's also sad that my wife is sitting here staring at her new SE that she can't use (because if she did, it would port her number and we would be paying for 2 bills this month).

I guess I'm mainly just venting. As of now, we are just shrugging it off. I'm just worried this carrier switch will turn into a "get what you pay for" experience.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it has me rethinking because I am on the fence on Sprints customer service, and phones/service are a big expense. I mean, with generally any company, if a product was late to ship, I would just expect them to at least try and make it right, you know? And by Sprint sending the my phone the cheapest (and slowest) method doesn't exude a feeling of caring about their customer. We are switching mainly to save money, but are also weary of leaving a positive customer experience with AT&T.

I know, it sounds silly and petty to be frustrated about this, but it's also the first time I've not received a preordered device on launch day or the day after. It's also sad that my wife is sitting here staring at her new SE that she can't use (because if she did, it would port her number and we would be paying for 2 bills this month).

I guess I'm mainly just venting. As of now, we are just shrugging it off. I'm just worried this carrier switch will turn into a "get what you pay for" experience.

I can say that being a 16 year long customer of sprint with no problems out of the ordinary. You will get what you pay for

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. My SE finally came in today, but it might be going back. After talking with several friends in the area who have / had Sprint, we are deciding if we should port our lines or stick with AT&T.

Edit: We decided to go ahead and give the 30-Day trial a chance. So far, not bad! :)

Update #2t: Decided to return the service before the 30 days were up and move to another carrier. We were getting 0.25 mbps speeds in our apartment and were not happy with the coverage. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2