Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kch50428
  • 1 Post By Closingracer
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts

Default Lease Program

Is anyone else on the lease program? I've been using sprint for a month and I'm thinking of switching to Tmobile. The sprint site makes it seem like I can return the phone to a store but it's unclear if I need to pay the remaining lease months or not.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,872 Global Posts

Default Re: Lease Program

Call Sprint or visit one of their stores...
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,096 Global Posts

Or read the paperwork that you signed when you entered into the lease.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,872 Global Posts

Good to see I'm not the only 'Captain Obvious' in the place...
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juststart View Post
    Is anyone else on the lease program? I've been using sprint for a month and I'm thinking of switching to Tmobile. The sprint site makes it seem like I can return the phone to a store but it's unclear if I need to pay the remaining lease months or not.
    I did a sprint lease doing the best buy one price one plan lease, which was actually a scam but that's another story.
    You are past the 14 day return period (evident by your "month with sprint".
    Yes you need to pay the remainder of the monthly leases. The full 12 or 24 months depending what you signed.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asanatheist View Post
    I did a sprint lease doing the best buy one price one plan lease, which was actually a scam but that's another story.
    You are past the 14 day return period (evident by your "month with sprint".
    Yes you need to pay the remainder of the monthly leases. The full 12 or 24 months depending what you signed.
    It's not a scam ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juststart View Post
    You will have to pay off the lease term and buy the phone. In my case I have a iPhone 6 plus 128GB and paying $35 per month for the phone for 24 months. Since I had the phone for a month it would be $805 to pay the lease and then $210 to buy the device. If you cancel in 12 months $420 for the remaining lease and $210 to buy the device. In your case it's whatever your monthly payments times whatever you have left plus the buyout option on the phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Don't ever lease a phone if you think you may switch carriers within the lease period.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NadaAddict View Post
    Don't ever lease a phone if you think you may switch carriers within the lease period.

Don't ever finance a phone or buy it under contract either...... Your going to pay money out of pocket either way you buy it. In terms of the lease your paying how much you would of paid for in the remaining months you still owe plus the cost to purchase the phone. So if you're leasing say a iPhone 6 for $20 a month and the buyout is $200 and you have say 5 months left on the lease. You'll pay $100 for the 5 remaining months ( 5 months X $20) plus the buyout of $200 so you'll owe $300. Same with other ways to purchase phones. You'll owe the remaining amount you owe if you financed the phone or you'll lay an ETF if you get a contract.....

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Don't ever finance a phone or buy it under contract either...... Your going to pay money out of pocket either way you buy it. In terms of the lease your paying how much you would of paid for in the remaining months you still owe plus the cost to purchase the phone. So if you're leasing say a iPhone 6 for $20 a month and the buyout is $200 and you have say 5 months left on the lease. You'll pay $100 for the 5 remaining months ( 5 months X $20) plus the buyout of $200 so you'll owe $300. Same with other ways to purchase phones. You'll owe the remaining amount you owe if you financed the phone or you'll lay an ETF if you get a contract.....
    It's always been best to pay full price. But most folks can't afford to do that. So it's payments and contracts.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    It's always been best to pay full price. But most folks can't afford to do that. So it's payments and contracts.

Yes but it's no worse then leasing....leasing is cheaper actually monthly and saves you the hassle of selling the phone. $35 a month for my iPhone 6 Plus on a lease vs $42 I think it was or around it to finance it at sprint
    wilbri420 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

My mother is with sprint and she pays 28 a month on her j3 vs 29 on tmobile for her old 6s which I now own