Has Sprint's service gotten better or worse in the last couple of years?

bouche123

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your area.

I am glad you pointed that out. Sprint and Tmobile seem to switch between third and fourth place depending on where you are as far as coverage is concerned. The big difference seems to be that sprint cannot shake the stink of all of their past screw ups, while Tmobile under Legere seems to be making the right moves. I am saying this as a long time Sprint customer. Even though I have been with Sprint for so long, I hope that Sprint and Tmobile merge just to see what Tmobile can do with the combined resources.

risingofthephoenix

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Sprint sucks in California and the U.S. as a whole even there 3G is horrible....I know because my cousins have Sprint and I get coverage everywhere with Verizon that they don't

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts exactly...but I'm in St. Louis.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I'm in St Louis as well, and while I haven't been with Sprint in years, I have co-workers who are constantly complaining about the terrible data speeds. They are all going to switch to a different carrier in the next few months when their contracts are up. They say that even with "LTE", webpages won't load, emails won't send so what good is LTE if it doesn't perform?

Juice2288

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
In San Diego CA, it has gotten worse, much worse. I get bumped-off of LTE frequently. I no-longer get LTE in areas I use to be able to get LTE about four months ago. My iPhone says LTE but when I test the speed, it is slower than it use to be; around 5Mbs download and 2Mbs upload, where it use to be over 10Mbs download and over 5Mbs upload just four to five months ago. I work in a business park, where we should get decent coverage and my phone frequently displays 1X, which is lower than 3G. I'll send a text to my wife from work letting her know I'm on my way home and she won't receive it until after I get home about 45 minutes later.
I'm switching to T-Mobile's unlimited plan in four months when my contract is over. I hope it is better. Will post what happens when I do.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have Sprint for about 20 years now and have very little problems. I have had signal ehen other carriers haven't. 2 dropped calls in that period as well.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
In San Diego CA, it has gotten worse, much worse. I get bumped-off of LTE frequently. I no-longer get LTE in areas I use to be able to get LTE about four months ago. My iPhone says LTE but when I test the speed, it is slower than it use to be; around 5Mbs download and 2Mbs upload, where it use to be over 10Mbs download and over 5Mbs upload just four to five months ago. I work in a business park, where we should get decent coverage and my phone frequently displays 1X, which is lower than 3G. I'll send a text to my wife from work letting her know I'm on my way home and she won't receive it until after I get home about 45 minutes later.
I'm switching to T-Mobile's unlimited plan in four months when my contract is over. I hope it is better. Will post what happens when I do.

I would do a test drive of t-mobile which offers you a 7 day free trial with an iPhone 5s with unlimited data where you can try the service out. All you need is a credit card with enough credit to have a $650 hold or enough in your bank for that amount and perhaps more with tax?

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I am from New York City and have had Sprint for going on 20 years. I have had no problem with them or their coverage. I have had 2 dropped calls in 20 years. Your coverage no matter who you use for coverage will depend on their placement of towers around you and the phone you are using.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I am glad you pointed that out. Sprint and Tmobile seem to switch between third and fourth place depending on where you are as far as coverage is concerned. The big difference seems to be that sprint cannot shake the stink of all of their past screw ups, while Tmobile under Legere seems to be making the right moves. I am saying this as a long time Sprint customer. Even though I have been with Sprint for so long, I hope that Sprint and Tmobile merge just to see what Tmobile can do with the combined resources.

Was with sprint originally for over thirteen years. Verizon for four yrs. Took AT&T for a 120 day spin. In my area and since I dont travel heavily, TMobile is just as good with coverage and I have unlimited. My bill is the best pricing it has ever been and unlimited streaming is great for the teenager's line. I will say they are not perfect. But so far I am happy for the most part. If Sprint and Tmo ever merge though I will go back to VZW rather than deal with Spring anything. If I am gonna put up with overpriced bs may as well get the best cvge between big orange and big red. And that would be big red.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner