Has Sprint's service gotten better or worse in the last couple of years?

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently with Verizon. Was with sprint for years. I'm wanting to switch back to get unlimited again. I was wondering if I could get opinions on the service if it has got better worse or the same.

Tapped out on my iPhone 5

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Sprint. I guess it depends where you are.
I'm in Philadelphia and it's good here and getting better. LTE is has made improvements since I got a LTE phone, the 5S in September.

Anywhere in the country that I have traveled it's been cool. That's been my experience. There hasn't been a time where I was not satisfied with the service.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about data limits or any limits.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Sprint. I guess it depends where you are.
I'm in Philadelphia and it's good here and getting better. LTE is has made improvements since I got a LTE phone, the 5S in September.

Anywhere in the country that I have traveled it's been cool. That's been my experience. There hasn't been a time where I was not satisfied with the service.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about data limits or any limits.

My thoughts exactly...but I'm in St. Louis.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
For me I feel like it has gotten worse. Where I once had good coverage it has started to degrade. It could be that they are improving the service, but that has been my experience. I live in Raleigh, NC.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I think that T-Mobile is better than Sprint now.

We are, without a doubt! I don't know any location where Sprint comes close to T-Mobile. I even get service where AT&T doesn't; and I find my speeds to be faster than AT&T too in a few major cities. =)

Why does T-Mobile have to be at the bottom? Is it because we're off contract? Lol

Don't get Sprint. It's worse now than it's ever been, sad to say.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't get Sprint. It's worse now than it's ever been, sad to say.

Everyone has there own opinion, never had an issue with Sprint, service has steadily improved. An IMO T Mobile in my area is the worst.

tech guy4

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Everyone I know says there are a lot of drop outs in the city and miles of no survis sometimes but I have not ever used them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently with Verizon. Was with sprint for years. I'm wanting to switch back to get unlimited again. I was wondering if I could get opinions on the service if it has got better worse or the same.

Tapped out on my iPhone 5

I think the service has gotten better, but the management has gotten worse. I'm actually in a Spark area, their 3 LTE bands to one phone thing, so I'd expect a bit better service. The other day, they randomly took out the tower I connect to from home. My buddy lives within a 300-400 feet from me, so same tower. His service went out too. I contacted Sprint, and they claimed it was normal maintenance. I told them that doesn't make sense, as taking a tower down without warning people first is stupid. If it was planned, they should've told us first, as they'd know. Even then, if that was the case, why take the tower down? I don't know a way that they could take the whole thing down, as most carriers upgrade in place.

Tl;dr, The service has gotten better, but their management is still stupid.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Been with Sprint for over a decade honesty they have gotten much better but there signal growth has been surpassed by the likes of T-mobile

That's the reality but it works for me

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Been with Sprint for over a decade honesty they have gotten much better but there signal growth has been surpassed by the likes of T-mobile

That's the reality but it works for me

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Same here, been with them so long they don't even have the unlimited package I have anymore, I have LTE, and it all works. Sprint would love for me to give that up.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been with Sprint since late 2009 and never had any issues with coverage in my home state or any other state I've been to. I've been across country several times since 2009.
But everyone will have different experiences depending on location and any past experience with Sprint.

Would I advise anyone to get Sprint? Sure why not. Its just a wireless carrier. It's not that deep for me.

If I can call you,text you email you then I'm good, and I've never had a problem doing those things on Sprint and it's even better if I don't have to worry about limits.

Check each carriers coverage map and decide based on that or go where you feel you get the best deal.

bed269

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Here in East Tennessee the service has gotten great since they rolled out 4g service. I would definitely check their coverage maps.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR