Sprint gave me a unlock code?
I called Sprint today to request to unlock my iPhone 4s (which is out of contract) and I was transferred to Tech Support. The gentleman gave me a code but said I would have to take the phone to another carrier to get unlocked since Sprint does not unlock phones. Does this process sound correct?
- 01-28-2014, 09:22 PM #2
- 03-02-2014, 08:09 PM #3
- 03-02-2014, 08:16 PM #4
- 09-14-2014, 05:27 AM #5iMore Newbie
- 22 Posts
Re: Sprint gave me a unlock code?
Hello. I have a sprint iPhone 4s that was done with its contract back in January 2014. I tried for several weeks after the contract was over to get a domestic unlock but I was only given a international unlock which was worthless to me.
Now that the President of the USA has made it legal to unlock phones out of contract sprint still refuses to do domestic unlocks. I am no longer with Sprint and will not support a company that holds my phone hostage. I ended up buying a used AT&T unlocked iPhone 4s and I use pay as u go plans with it.
With the new Presidents ruling has anyone been able to get a domestic unlock for there iphone through sprint.
Thanks for your time and help
- 09-14-2014, 07:04 AM #6
- By MagarMagar in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 03-17-2014, 04:20 AM
- By PuzzleBrothers in forum Mac Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-28-2014, 09:31 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-28-2014, 09:30 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 01-27-2014, 08:46 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-26-2014, 10:39 PM