Sprint gave me a unlock code?

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I called Sprint today to request to unlock my iPhone 4s (which is out of contract) and I was transferred to Tech Support. The gentleman gave me a code but said I would have to take the phone to another carrier to get unlocked since Sprint does not unlock phones. Does this process sound correct?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
For the Sprint and Verizon iPhone4S all the unlock will do is allow you to use it on GSM carriers outside of the USA...

pilot-leo

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I called Sprint today to request to unlock my iPhone 4s (which is out of contract) and I was transferred to Tech Support. The gentleman gave me a code but said I would have to take the phone to another carrier to get unlocked since Sprint does not unlock phones. Does this process sound correct?

What number did you call?

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't matter, even if you unlock the phone you can only use it outside of the US or with Sprint.

Inkymycat

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I have a sprint iPhone 4s that was done with its contract back in January 2014. I tried for several weeks after the contract was over to get a domestic unlock but I was only given a international unlock which was worthless to me.

Now that the President of the USA has made it legal to unlock phones out of contract sprint still refuses to do domestic unlocks. I am no longer with Sprint and will not support a company that holds my phone hostage. I ended up buying a used AT&T unlocked iPhone 4s and I use pay as u go plans with it.

With the new Presidents ruling has anyone been able to get a domestic unlock for there iphone through sprint.

Thanks for your time and help

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2