Switching from Sprint to Verizon in Chicago

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
My wife/kids have had a family plan with Sprint for years. The service had been okay. Last November I switched from AT&T to Sprint to save $60 per month by joining their plan when the 4S came out last year. The service has been mediocre at best. When we traveled to MI and CO over the summer, service was subpar.

We've decided to pay the early termination fee for the 4 phones and just switch. It seems that Verizon has the best coverage for our area and the places we tend to travel. We realized that unlimited data is pretty useless when you can't get a data connection. Unlimited talk is useless when you can't maintain a signal long enough to complete a 10m phone call.

What has been your real world usage with Verizon been like....whether you're in Chicago or not?

End_User

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Long time vzw customer as well and have used in Chicago and Colorado and coverage is excellent. It isn't perfect everywhere but twice as good as att everywhere!

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I was a long time tmobile customer until the 4s. Tried sprint for a week was unbearable in Los Angeles. Switched to Verizon been a happy customer so far. It's a bit more expensive now but worth it.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
My wife/kids have had a family plan with Sprint for years. The service had been okay. Last November I switched from AT&T to Sprint to save $60 per month by joining their plan when the 4S came out last year. The service has been mediocre at best. When we traveled to MI and CO over the summer, service was subpar.

We've decided to pay the early termination fee for the 4 phones and just switch. It seems that Verizon has the best coverage for our area and the places we tend to travel. We realized that unlimited data is pretty useless when you can't get a data connection. Unlimited talk is useless when you can't maintain a signal long enough to complete a 10m phone call.

What has been your real world usage with Verizon been like....whether you're in Chicago or not?

You feel free to believe the Hype from overpriced service... They Nickel and Dime you for everything and Customer service is not great. You read up and down here on forum and see how good they treat their customers by blackmailing them into paying full price for iPhone 5 to keep unlimited data and still better yet make customers sign a 2 year contract for a phone the company didn't subsidize. That sounds like a Winner. FYI PLEASE CHECK PREVIOUS THREADS FOR CHICAGO DATA SPEEDS..... AT&T has a better data in Chicago.... LOOK IT UP

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is great, been with them for as long as I can remember. I travel a lot and never lose signal I don't drop calls. Yes data is slightly slower than AT&T but it balances it self out. Verizon is dependable. More expensive sure but u get what u pay for. By cheap service u get cheap service.?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey Apple how is that different from any other carrier?

I'm Answering a Question...Look at the Speed test in Chicago.... At&T has better speeds.... I upgraded to my iPhone 5 at 64GB for 399$ and got to keep my Unlimited Data.... Was not Coerced in paying full price like Verizon did to its Customers to keep unlimited Data.....

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Like others have said, there are pros/cons to every carrier. Verizon seems to rule the school overall, and you have to pay for that service. I'm tired of substandard voice/data.

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Chris Zeigler from the Verge always complains about his hspa+ services in Chicago. I have AT&T and for the most part it has been great but I spend some time in areas that AT&T has edge and Verizon has LTE so I am going to switch over to Verizon.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I just called AT&T and inquired about why I should pay and upgrade fee after all these years being with the company... The were nice enough to recognize I've been there for a bit and refunded it. 42$ after taxes... and a bit extra for Inconvenience... I must say I'm happy customer.... I'll post a pic of next months invoice if need be....

Bluth22

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I just called AT&T and inquired about why I should pay and upgrade fee after all these years being with the company... The were nice enough to recognize I've been there for a bit and refunded it. 42$ after taxes... and a bit extra for Inconvenience... I must say I'm happy customer.... I'll post a pic of next months invoice if need be....

Hey apple, I want to take over my bro In laws T&T account but he wants to move to Verizon and port his number over. If he does that can I still take over his account and keep his unlimited and just get a new number? I want to do this and upgrade my phone.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I switched from sprint to verizon in the western chicago suburbs. I get 7-11mbs in my apt and 17-27 mbs at my work. No problems with verizon whatsoever so far. Att out here doesnt work so well indoors. it has a lot of blank spots inside. Sprint worked fine indoors and everywhere else for me, but their data speeds were horribly slow and I couldnt take it anymore.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if there is anyone that can honestly say they get great data speeds on sprint.

If you're in an LTE market sure why not. Sprint started to deploy LTE here in Miami. Look at my speeds on my iPhone 5
emepapem.jpg
me7a8ary.jpg
amyredy9.jpg

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods