Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    iPhone Intermediate

Default Switching from Sprint to Verizon in Chicago

My Sister Picked up iPhone 5 on sprint..Compared it to my AT&T signal.... Sprint was not to Shabby... It had LTE signal in Lincolnwood Mall, Andersonville and Niles.... So I say it's good to try it out... I'm Very Happy with AT&T..... I have no complaints on signal and I work all over the city.....
    iPhone Beginner

Default Re: Switching from Sprint to Verizon in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by emwood View Post
    sprint lte is now up in chicago suburbs. It launched October 21st. I was told by the sprint rep september 21st, it wasnt up, i switched to verizon and now sprint has lte. I was beginning to go over my voice cap and had to leave sprint anyways. I constantly stream pandora and between my wife and I, we dont go above 2-3gb a month. Verizon works for me in the western burbs.
    How did u go over your voice minutes lol I USE ABOUT 10 MIN A MONTH haha free mobile to mobile??? That's crazy lol but I'll never go back to vzw

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

My daughter and I went to the local Verizon store and ordered four 32gb iPhone 5's. Were were told they'd ship by 11/16 and arrive no later than 11/20. I actually got shipping confirmation today. They'll be here 11/14. I hope this is the last time I have to switch carriers. I've been on T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T and now Verizon over the last 10+ years. My wife/kids will be getting their first iPhones. I think they're going to love them. They all have some sort of Samsung droid-based phone.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

Default Switching from Sprint to Verizon in Chicago

Sprint is not bad with reception when I was out there in the south side of chi town and in NY the data speeds are bad tho
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Quote Originally Posted by Jrome.brooks View Post
    Sprint is not bad with reception when I was out there in the south side of chi town and in NY the data speeds are bad tho
    If you live in a major city, then yes. You're fine.

If you live anywhere else, you're screwed. My phone was a glorified paperweight when I crossed the river from Tennessee in to Arkansas. No signal.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts

Ive had about 10 friends switch from Sprint to Verizon. Sprint actually went out of business here in my hometown. And its full of college students. lol
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #32  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Got our phones activated. Been to the local Verizon store twice to get contacts transferred. Great customer service at my local store in the SW Chicago Suburbs. My signal has been great. The LTE coverage I have is equal to the speed of my home cable modem.
    iPhone Beginner

My last speed test

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Switching from Sprint to Verizon in Chicago-uploadfromtaptalk1355786376319.jpg  
    iPhone Beginner

West side of Chicago. Austin area

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    iPhone Nanite

We have been with Sprint for about 2 years and contract is just about over. For the first year it seemed the Sprint network was pretty stable and even internet speeds were reasonable on my EVO 4G. When Sprint began their "Network Vison" upgrades unannounced in the spring of 2012, you couldn't hardly make a call and most calls dropped. Internet usage went into the toilet. They claim they are done with the Chcago market but still regular dropped calls, difficulty making calls, and internet speed is only slightly better. As a family we hardly use 8GB and it is painful most of the time for me as a business user. I'm seriously considering switching to Verision as the price difference is slightly more for Verison and Sprint's 4G coverage is non-existant in many markets I travel to.

In my opinion all of these networks charge way too much for what they deliver...we are paying double what Europeans are paying in regards to data rates. I suppose that is the price we pay for having to cover a larger land mass?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,314 Global Posts

I'm currently with US Cellular, and we're being sold to Sprint here in the Chicago area. So I'm looking to move to either ATT or VZW. Leaning toward ATT because I can get a discount through work, and 99% of my friends/coworkers are on ATT so minutes won't be an issue.
    ----------------------------------------
    This space available for rent
    ----------------------------------------
    iPhone Nanite

I am also a US Cellular customer, and have been for years. I am upset that they sold Chicago market to Sprint because IMHO no one compares to USC. I can't decide between AT&T or Verizon - don't like the higher cost of Verizon, but keep hearing it's better. My deciding factor may be the international coverage, anyone have opinions on that for ATT or VZW?

Global Posts
    15,705 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Verizon has excellent coverage in Chicago. I wish it wasn't so expensive too.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Quote Originally Posted by john_v View Post
    I'm currently with US Cellular, and we're being sold to Sprint here in the Chicago area. So I'm looking to move to either ATT or VZW. Leaning toward ATT because I can get a discount through work, and 99% of my friends/coworkers are on ATT so minutes won't be an issue.
    Verizon has an awesome employee program. I get a discount through work with Verizon. I'd be happy to refer you if you wanted. You'd make some $ and I'd make some $.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12