...NCAA Football 2015...

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The announcers keep talking about the Ole Miss players wilting in the humidity and heat. Tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't the weather the same in Mississippi as it is in Alabama?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The Ramblin' Wreck had a head-on collision today! :)

It was awful. That is what happens when you run a strange defensive set that locks down the edges, and GT's passing offense is so bad that they couldn't properly formulate slant plays over the middle where there were WIDE open holes. It's so annoying being a fan of a team that runs the triple option, because you know as soon as you see the defense line up a certain way that the game is going to be bad...I knew that right from the beginning yesterday.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
It was awful. That is what happens when you run a strange defensive set that locks down the edges, and GT's passing offense is so bad that they couldn't properly formulate slant plays over the middle where there were WIDE open holes. It's so annoying being a fan of a team that runs the triple option, because you know as soon as you see the defense line up a certain way that the game is going to be bad...I knew that right from the beginning yesterday.

I liked that kid named Skov. As good as the ND line is, they had their hands full trying to stop him on that "dive" play. That triple option only works, when you have a quarterback who knows how to read the defense, and also has a great arm. :p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I liked that kid named Skov. As good as the ND line is, they had their hands full trying to stop him on that "dive" play. That triple option only works, when you have a quarterback who knows how to read the defense, and also has a great arm. :p

Skov is a beast...he's responsible for about 70% of our scoring so far in the first 3 games. Unfortunately Thomas couldn't get his sh*t together yesterday and tried to keep getting these long bomb completions in the air instead of picking the middle apart with a huge receiver like Skov or one of our TE's. Thomas is a great QB for running purposes and those pitch plays, but man...his awareness for throwing offense is abysmal, as seen yesterday. I mean how many times are you going to run 20 yards back to try and scramble away from the rushers only to get sacked in the back field or have to throw the ball out of bounds erratically to survive?

Our coach Paul Johnson doesn't have an offensive coordinator, nor does he use a play book...and it really shows in games like this.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My jackets are looking like dog sh*t again this weekend...good way to get pushed right off that ranked board. Not sure what it is about Duke, but we always have a problem with them year after year. Last year they were one of our only losses, and we were beating ranked teams left and right last season. Oh well, still a lot of football season left.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My jackets are looking like dog sh*t again this weekend...good way to get pushed right off that ranked board. Not sure what it is about Duke, but we always have a problem with them year after year. Last year they were one of our only losses, and we were beating ranked teams left and right last season. Oh well, still a lot of football season left.
I agree. GT is a darn good team, but Duke, for whatever reason, appear to have their number. Unless they turn it around fairly quickly, that second ACC loss could end up hurting them later in the season with regard to the ACC title game, in my opinion.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Is Skov playing?:yes:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is Skov playing?:yes:

He's hurt...he landed on his shoulder in a weird way early in the game and it has been bothering him the whole game. Unfortunately Duke's line is really popping today, so they are able to get penetration. This last series where we turned it over on 4th down showed that they are ready for our run game for sure today.