!!!...MLB 2015...!!!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Way to go Braves! Show the MLB how to play ball! You got them right where you want them! WAAAAY ahead of you!! lol

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's a rough crowd here! ...and I wasn't gonna say anything about it.

Living in L.A. I get sick of hearing about how great he is. Virtually nobody brings this up and it boggles my mind. I'm firm with my belief that you can't have enough great pitching on your team, but it's worthless to have if they don't step up when it really counts.

At the time it happened I said this, and I still say it to this day: when the Dodgers had the opportunity to pick up Roy Halladay for TWO YEARS and didn't because they didn't want to let Kershaw go, it was the stupidest non-move I've ever seen in baseball. There's no question in my mind that they would have won the World Series that season and possibly the next. They had Manny who lit it up on that team and they completely shot themselves in the foot by not making that move. Opportunities to pick up players like that in their prime don't come everyday.

The Lakers had a great PG with Norm Nixon, but that didn't stop them from drafting Magic Johnson. You just gotta pull the trigger.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You mean the guy who Grunt thinks is a better pitcher than hall of famer, cy young winner and world series champion Tom Glavine was?

That's right. Even an average pitcher gets a ring if his team wins the World Series. That doesn't make him a "champion". Tommy "wide & outside" Glavine should have given a ring to every NL homeplate umpire. With that wide strike zone he got, every player had to start swinging at whatever was thrown. That's what accounted for his big strikeout numbers. Maddux did it right.:p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's right. Even an average pitcher gets a ring if his team wins the World Series. That doesn't make him a "champion". Tommy "wide & outside" Glavine should have given a ring to every NL homeplate umpire. With that wide strike zone he got, every player had to start swinging at whatever was thrown. That's what accounted for his big strikeout numbers. Maddux did it right.:p

If you keep telling yourself that for enough time...it'll still be ridiculous, and Kershaw still won't have a ring. :beer:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR