!!!...MLB 2015...!!!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I grew up in the midwest. Used to go to Wisconsin every summer, back when the Braves were in Milwaukee. Was a fan for most of my life - until the Dbacks got here. Still follow the Braves. My son grew up a Braves fan, and he just sent me a video of his kids watching a game, doing the Tomahawk Chop.

I saw the Boston Braves play the Dodgers at Ebbets Field when i was a kid. Forget Glavine, they had a guy named Spahn who was the real deal. He actually threw strikes, not balls that were called strikes.:p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I saw the Boston Braves play the Dodgers at Ebbets Field when i was a kid. Forget Glavine, they had a guy named Spahn who was the real deal. He actually threw strikes, not balls that were called strikes.:p

Here we go...lol. Glavine had more Cy Youngs, a better winning % and Glavine also competed for pitching starts with a group of pitchers who are arguably the best that ever touched a baseball (IE: Maddux and Smoltz)...Spahn didn't have to worry about this, and saw WAY more starts than Glavine, which helped make him stand out.

Spahn was an incredible pitcher.

Glavine was an incredible pitcher.

Both in the Hall of Fame...'nuff said.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Here we go...lol. Glavine had more Cy Youngs, a better winning % and Glavine also competed for pitching starts with a group of pitchers who are arguably the best that ever touched a baseball (IE: Maddux and Smoltz)...Spahn didn't have to worry about this, and saw WAY more starts than Glavine, which helped make him stand out.

Spahn was an incredible pitcher.

Glavine was an incredible pitcher.

Both in the Hall of Fame...'nuff said.

OK, but you'll never convince me that Glavine didn't have some help from the umpires. Anyway, i guess you know what team has had the most Cy Young Award winners. When his time is up, Kershaw will be the best lefty that ever pitched, period.:p

PS. I'm a die hard Yankee hater, but i would choose Whitey Ford over Glavine, any day.:yes:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
For anyone who doesn't get to see their local team because of blackouts on MLB.TV I want to tell you to make sure you don't install Protect My Privacy from Cydia on a jail broken device because that would spoof your location on the app and you would be able to see local games. That would be wrong. You don't want to do that.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
OK, but you'll never convince me that Glavine didn't have some help from the umpires. Anyway, i guess you know what team has had the most Cy Young Award winners. When his time is up, Kershaw will be the best lefty that ever pitched, period.:p

PS. I'm a die hard Yankee hater, but i would choose Whitey Ford over Glavine, any day.:yes:

Every pitcher got help from umpiring at some point...and EVERY pitcher gets made to look like a super star by stellar defense at some point in their career.

And to be fair, since the Braves have been in Atlanta, they are tied with the Dodgers for Cy Young awards. ;)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just to chime in here: I don't know what value Kershaw being a Cy Young award winner has been since he has blown it for his team the past 2 seasons in do-or-die postseason games.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Every pitcher got help from umpiring at some point...and EVERY pitcher gets made to look like a super star by stellar defense at some point in their career.

And to be fair, since the Braves have been in Atlanta, they are tied with the Dodgers for Cy Young awards. ;)

What's fair? The Braves have been in three cities, and the Dodgers in two. I wasn't talking about defense, but about umpiring help every time i saw him pitch against the Dodgers. When the Braves were in the Western Division, they played a lot of games against each other. I saw called strikes against righties, that would have hit a lefty if he was standing in the box. I've heard Skip Caray say that he "catches a break" once in a while. Glavine didn't "compete" for pitching starts with Maddux and Smoltz, he was assigned a spot in the rotation by the manager. I maintain that at least 25% of called strikes, especially strike three, were balls. The batter may have grounded out anyway, but that's not the point. When Kershaw gets in the Hall, people will say, "Glavine who"?:p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What's fair? The Braves have been in three cities, and the Dodgers in two. I wasn't talking about defense, but about umpiring help every time i saw him pitch against the Dodgers. When the Braves were in the Western Division, they played a lot of games against each other. I saw called strikes against righties, that would have hit a lefty if he was standing in the box. I've heard Skip Caray say that he "catches a break" once in a while. Glavine didn't "compete" for pitching starts with Maddux and Smoltz, he was assigned a spot in the rotation by the manager. I maintain that at least 25% of called strikes, especially strike three, were balls. The batter may have grounded out anyway, but that's not the point. When Kershaw gets in the Hall, people will say, "Glavine who"?:p

I said to be fair, the Braves have the same amount of Cy Young awards as the Dodgers do in their respective current homes (ATL and LA)...and honestly, it was just giving you a little sh*t is all, it's obvious which franchise has the most Cy Youngs, and it's obvious which franchise is nipping at their heels in second place (in terms of total Cy Youngs).

As far as the rest of your post...blah blah blah...you have an opinion of Glavine, so do I...at the end of the day, the stats are still the stats. Glavine most certainly DID compete for STARTS when he played amongst those other guys...just because a person earns a rotation spot doesn't mean they'll be used in that same rotation start every week regardless of performance.

As far as Kershaw...we'll talk IF it happens. Right now, he's just a very good pitcher on the Dodgers without a ring. Glavine, on the other hand...he's got a shiny plaque in the HoF, and one of these...

1995-World-Series-Ring.jpg

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised you remember what it feels like to win a world championship. :beer:;)

My guys will win the next one, before your's will. Bobby Cox is gone. 1988 wasn't that long ago, and i still remember the look on Eckersley's face, after he threw that pitch to Gibson, and watched it go into the right field seats.:p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My guys will win the next one, before your's will. Bobby Cox is gone. 1988 wasn't that long ago, and i still remember the look on Eckersley's face, after he threw that pitch to Gibson, and watched it go into the right field seats.:p

Guess we'll see! Right now you guys need to worry about getting into 1st place before you start thinking world series wins...our little makeshift small ball team in our defined "rebuilding" season is in 1st...you guys are chasing the...ahem...Rockies, lol!

And you know the beauty of the year 1988? Cars made in that year are now considered Antiques (when registering them)! Isn't that something?! ;)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Guess we'll see! Right now you guys need to worry about getting into 1st place before you start thinking world series wins...our little makeshift small ball team in our defined "rebuilding" season is in 1st...you guys are chasing the...ahem...Rockies, lol!

And you know the beauty of the year 1988? Cars made in that year are now considered Antiques (when registering them)! Isn't that something?! ;)

Colorado who????

Attachments

• Dodgers sweep.jpg
    Dodgers sweep.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 44

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Colorado who????

You guys certainly made easy work of them! It was hard to pay attention to any other team from Cali besides the A's though, lol...the shenanigans between Oakland and KC has been rather entertaining this weekend, lol!

Also, my Braves SHOULD have swept the BJ's (lol), but took the series which works for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR