NCAA Football 2014

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely detest the arrogance that is the Miami Hurricanes (sorry, D, but it’s a fact). But tonight I am a 'Canes fan. What does that tell you about my feelings for the entitled $*#&$@%%! that is quarterbacking the Seminoles? He has ZERO sense of responsibility, and projects himself as a selfish, spoiled little brat who displays an ongoing disdain for the law and the basic rules of life.

Winston is the poster child for spoiled, entitled d-bags. The real sad part is that he will make millions in the NFL and probably inspire another generation of spoiled, entitled d-bags.

And frankly, the NCAA could care less about anything but making money, so yeah, there’s that, too.

AMEN to this. Historically, it seems that the Hurricanes have been one of those teams who feel entitled to success, and that always drove me nuts...between these two teams though, FSU's quarterback takes the cake...Winston is the worst human being in college football today, and I really hope he gets a reality check when he tries for the NFL.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely detest the arrogance that is the Miami Hurricanes (sorry, D, but it?s a fact). But tonight I am a 'Canes fan. What does that tell you about my feelings for the entitled $*#&$@%%! that is quarterbacking the Seminoles? He has ZERO sense of responsibility, and projects himself as a selfish, spoiled little brat who displays an ongoing disdain for the law and the basic rules of life.

Winston is the poster child for spoiled, entitled d-bags. The real sad part is that he will make millions in the NFL and probably inspire another generation of spoiled, entitled d-bags.

And frankly, the NCAA could care less about anything but making money, so yeah, there?s that, too.

No harm done...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
AMEN to this. Historically, it seems that the Hurricanes have been one of those teams who feel entitled to success, and that always drove me nuts
Entitled? No. Expected? Definitely. Since the 80's and up until around 2004, their entire goal was to win the championship. Anything less was was a failure. That mindset made them great.
...between these two teams though, FSU's quarterback takes the cake...Winston is the worst human being in college football today, and I really hope he gets a reality check when he tries for the NFL.

as for Jameis Winston, the kid is a special talent at QB, but beyond that, I really don't pay any attention to him.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Miami is putting it on FSU tonight! What a game!

It was a heckuva game. Miami, has all of the player pieces in place. Now the only thing that's missing is a coach with guys. It irked the heck out of me to watch them play the entire second half solely to protect the lead rather than play to win the game. Why take the foot off the gas when you know that FSU is a great second half playing team? Ugh!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Until they reach the 34 mark, they're still second fiddle to the "U"...:)

Touch?! And I agree with your earlier post as well! Definitely between my beloved 'Noles and your 'Canes greatness is expected! Winning seasons and bowl game appearances aren't even mentioned during goal setting exercises I'm sure! Title or bust!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Touch?! And I agree with your earlier post as well! Definitely between my beloved 'Noles and your 'Canes greatness is expected! Winning seasons and bowl game appearances aren't even mentioned during goal setting exercises I'm sure! Title or bust!

No doubt. That's the mindset of those who play football in the state of FL.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Muschamp is out at Florida after the season per Sportscenter app breaking news!

Not surprising at all though.

Yeah, I received the alert via the Yahoo Sports app. It's a shame, but not unexpected. Still, with only a couple of games left, they should have waited and let him go at the end of the season, in my opinion.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Entitled? No. Expected? Definitely. Since the 80's and up until around 2004, their entire goal was to win the championship. Anything less was was a failure. That mindset made them great.

ALL teams EXPECT success. That's like saying you EXPECT to breath today.

I truly feel that a string of success makes a team and fans feel entitled to ultimate success EVERY time. Last season, Miami went up to rank 7 I believe it was, and then just completed imploded once they started playing the big dogs...after that implosion, all I heard from Miami fans (my brother being the worst) was how the NCAA is garbage, it's all pay for play football, blah blah freakin' blah. Nobody wanted to talk about how Miami has been irrelevant since coming to the ACC, how they haven't had recruiting worth dog squat except for glimmers of light here and there (See: Duke Johnson), and how Al Golden is a good, but not great skipper.

It's the tale of two fan bases...

While winning - "HELL YEAH! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE U!"

While losing or just floundering - "NCAA sucks. I don't even like college football anymore."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh