NCAA Football 2014

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Indeed it will!! Can't wait. 1/1/15 is gonna be another day where I likely won't leave the house thanks to football lol

Haha, it'll be the day after new years, so I'll be revovering. So I won't be going anywhere either. I'll be glued to the screen watching this game. Already have a huge bet riding on it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Oregon has been blowing good teams out since their lost earlier this season. Seems like they have a point to prove. It'll be a very good game, nothing against FSU, I just see Marcus & the ducks being the better team.

I'm not a fan of either, but saying "I can't see FSU beating Oregon" is pretty humorous to me...especially after only squeeking by Washington State. But I can see why you might be a little bitter...FSU was able to actually beat Auburn for a national championship...something the ducks couldn't do in their only trip to the big show.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a fan of either, but saying "I can't see FSU beating Oregon" is pretty humorous to me...especially after only squeeking by Washington State. But I can see why you might be a little bitter...FSU was able to actually beat Auburn for a national championship...something the ducks couldn't do in their only trip to the big show.

But FSU has only squeaked out wins against poor performing, unranked teams.....

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
We've beaten ranked teams. They may not have remained ranked but at game time they were!

Sure, but you've also barley beat unranked teams. And Sean's reason as to why Oregon might not beat FSU was the Oregon barley beat Washington.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
So I think it's a moot point to take away from Oregon for not dominating against a weak team, while saying that FSU can beat them based on LAST years performance, when this year FSU has NOT dominated against weak rivals.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sure, but you've also barley beat unranked teams. And Sean's reason as to why Oregon might not beat FSU was the Oregon barley beat Washington.

I never gave any criteria where Oregon "might not beat FSU"...my response was simply a retort to someone saying they didn't see Oregon losing to FSU. Truthfully, I have no CLUE who is going to win that game, and think it'll be a good one. Speed vs. Size.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I never gave any criteria where Oregon "might not beat FSU"...my response was simply a retort to someone saying they didn't see Oregon losing to FSU. Truthfully, I have no CLUE who is going to win that game, and think it'll be a good one. Speed vs. Size.

Okay my bad. But the way you responded made it look like you were saying that because Oregon barely beat Washington made them weak and not able to beat FSU.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay my bad. But the way you responded made it look like you were saying that because Oregon barely beat Washington made them weak and not able to beat FSU.

Then for clarities sake, my response was to instill some mortality in a team that a certain someone here seems to think has nothing really to worry about with FSU.

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

No, I'm not bitter at all.. I'm here like u & everyone discussing college football. I have no reason to be, I just honestly believe the ducks are gonna beat fsu. It won't be a blow out, it should be a tight game. We shall see though.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm not bitter at all.. I'm here like u & everyone discussing college football. I have no reason to be, I just honestly believe the ducks are gonna beat fsu. It won't be a blow out, it should be a tight game. We shall see though.

Curious what you see in Oregon that makes you feel so confident that FSU can't win...?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
That's the nature of NCAA football.

In a few years they're gonna expand it stupidly to 8 teams when we all know that an eighth ranked team has absolutely no right to even be able to compete for a national championship.

By your reasoning, I guess that the NCAA basketball tournament should be cut to four teams? :smile:
And no wild cards in MLB or NFL?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
By your reasoning, I guess that the NCAA basketball tournament should be cut to four teams? :smile:
And no wild cards in MLB or NFL?

The NCAA tournament is terrible. I've never cared for it.

The NFL lets 6 teams in from each conference. I think it's well-balanced and fair. Two teams each with Wild Cards that didn't quite win their division but absolutely earned their spot in the playoffs. I'm kind of hoping the NFC south winner is 6-10 so that they get a home game in the playoffs. That'll prove even more how good wild card teams are in the NFL as opposed to the 5-8 teams in college football.

I don't really care about baseball so I'll just end my comment on that here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73