Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Default Re: NCAA Football 2014

BC is playing like they want to snap our streak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    BC is playing like they want to snap our streak

I'll laugh if they do

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Default NCAA Football 2014

Umm, what was this about?
    https://t.co/ipdCxYokJk

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Dang it they did it again

Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    Dang it they did it again

That makes 27 straight but who's counting? Oh wait, I am!

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

That makes 27 straight but who's counting? Oh wait, I am!

You're the only person LOL

You're the only person LOL

Lol

Every SEC West team now Bowl eligible.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Wth does that even mean LOL

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

LETS GO Tennessee!

Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Bowls would be so much more legitimate if they raised the eligibility to 8 games instead of 6. You should be rewarded for having a winning season...not a neutral or losing season, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Bowls would be so much more legitimate if they raised the eligibility to 8 games instead of 6. You should be rewarded for having a winning season...not a neutral or losing season, in my opinion.
    Yeah, but it's about money for the schools.

TurboTiger likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Yeah, but it's about money for the schools.

The whole damn league is all about money...which makes it so uninteresting sometimes. Money to a school who has a mediocre season and gets 6 wins...rewarding them and making them ok with that mediocrity. As a fan, this is pitiful.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Lets go VOLUNTEERs!

The whole damn league is all about money...which makes it so uninteresting sometimes. Money to a school who has a mediocre season and gets 6 wins...rewarding them and making them ok with that mediocrity. As a fan, this is pitiful.
    League? All colleges and universities need money to survive. Tuition revenue does not cover expenses. Schools rely on other means of revenue, be it from donations, sporting events or bake sales. I agree that many of the "6 win teams" Bowl games are boring, but for many of those schools, the money helps. It's like when a big name school plays a small school. The small school knows they will lose the game. But they win with a big chunk of money. You're looking at it from a football team only point of view. You're judging whether a 6 win team should be eligible to play in a Bowl game. I'm saying it's not about football at all. It's about money and education. If there were no money to be had from football, there would be no football. What you suggest would terminate 3/4 of the Bowl games. That's a lot of lost revenue.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Dang the vols lost!

Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    League? All colleges and universities need money to survive. Tuition revenue does not cover expenses. Schools rely on other means of revenue, be it from donations, sporting events or bake sales. I agree that many of the "6 win teams" Bowl games are boring, but for many of those schools, the money helps. It's like when a big name school plays a small school. The small school knows they will lose the game. But they win with a big chunk of money. You're looking at it from a football team only point of view. You're judging whether a 6 win team should be eligible to play in a Bowl game. I'm saying it's not about football at all. It's about money and education. If there were no money to be had from football, there would be no football. What you suggest would terminate 3/4 of the Bowl games. That's a lot of lost revenue.

Yes, I said "League" because that is exactly what this is...it's a league of teams with a sprinkle of irrelevant faces thrown into the bowl season.

And you're explaining something to me that I fully understand...you're missing my point...which is that a losing season should not be rewarded with a bowl and more money. You seem to be a part of this new age of rewarding for participation, and that to me is absurd. I'm not suggesting terminating ANY bowl games...what i AM suggesting is upping the requirement by TWO games to make sure a team has a winning season in order to be rewarded a bowl game and additional monies from such.

Quit rewarding mediocrity and even failure...our society is crumbling because we have so many people who are ok with that.

I really want us to make it to the title game and beat an SEC school for the whole thing if for no other reason than the fact that I think Finebaum is an SEC homer and overall *****!

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

I really want us to make it to the title game and beat an SEC school for the whole thing if for no other reason than the fact that I think Finebaum is an SEC homer and overall *****!

Kinda off topic, but did you attend FSU? Most of my aunts attended there, and I have a cousin currently attending there. I was actually down at the campus a week ago. Another cousin and I were looking for a Starbucks and Apple maps led us to the Starbucks right smack in the middle of the campus, but it was closed lol. We ended up having to drive around some security gates to get out of there and went to the Starbucks on Monroe st. I live an hour north of tally.

Kinda off topic, but did you attend FSU? Most of my aunts attended there, and I have a cousin currently attending there. I was actually down at the campus a week ago. Another cousin and I were looking for a Starbucks and Apple maps led us to the Starbucks right smack in the middle of the campus, but it was closed lol. We ended up having to drive around some security gates to get out of there and went to the Starbucks on Monroe st. I live an hour north of tally.

I went to S. Carolina State University. Been a Seminole fan since I was a kid though. Guess I latched on in the mid-late 80s when I was in grade school and remain a fan to this day. Haven't been to a game but have been to the campus on my 2nd anniversary last year. And yes, I'm one that refers to his favorite team as "we" as if I'm tied to the program/franchise. Lol

the_tech_eater likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

I went to S. Carolina State University. Been a Seminole fan since I was a kid though. Guess I latched on in the mid-late 80s when I was in grade school and remain a fan to this day. Haven't been to a game but have been to the campus on my 2nd anniversary last year. And yes, I'm one that refers to his favorite team as "we" as if I'm tied to the program/franchise. Lol

I see. Cool. I'll be attending Pensacola Christian College next year, and unfortunately they don't have a football program so I go for my home states team, the DAWGS. Although I was born in Fl near gainsville, so I could easily be a gator or FSU fan lol

I see. Cool. I'll be attending Pensacola Christian College next year, and unfortunately they don't have a football program so I go for my home states team, the DAWGS. Although I was born in Fl near gainsville, so I could easily be a gator or FSU fan lol

Always accepting additional Noles! Lol

the_tech_eater likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Always accepting additional Noles! Lol

I just personally don't care for the way they play football. To me, they look weak on the field, and reliant on luck.

I just personally don't care for the way they play football. To me, they look weak on the field, and reliant on luck.

I chalk yesterday up to inclement weather. The first 10 games, I claim we did it for the ratings. I know folks want to see us lose. Lol

Yes, I said "League" because that is exactly what this is...it's a league of teams with a sprinkle of irrelevant faces thrown into the bowl season.

And you're explaining something to me that I fully understand...you're missing my point...which is that a losing season should not be rewarded with a bowl and more money. You seem to be a part of this new age of rewarding for participation, and that to me is absurd. I'm not suggesting terminating ANY bowl games...what i AM suggesting is upping the requirement by TWO games to make sure a team has a winning season in order to be rewarded a bowl game and additional monies from such.

Quit rewarding mediocrity and even failure...our society is crumbling because we have so many people who are ok with that.
    There wouldn't be enough 8 win teams to fill the current Bowls. Let's make it 7 wins, and get rid of a few useless bowls.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast