Olympic Anchor Really?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
First we have Bob Costas and his unfortunate eye issue, then we get Matt Lauer ...and now Meredith Viera? Really??? Maybe someone with a little sports knowledge might be nice replacement for Costas
Cris Collingsworth is in Sochi at least he know sports :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
First we have Bob Costas and his unfortunate eye issue, then we get Matt Lauer ...and now Meredith Viera? Really??? Maybe someone with a little sports knowledge might be nice replacement for Costas
Cris Collingsworth is in Sochi at least he know sports :)

That opinion is NOT widely held... nor is it particularly accurate. And your post implies that Costas, too, knows sports...

NBC is switching up the anchors so that the Ruskies don?t know who to target with KGB assassins... (<=== it?s a JOKE)

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
That opinion is NOT widely held... nor is it particularly accurate. And your post implies that Costas, too, knows sports...

NBC is switching up the anchors so that the Ruskies don’t know who to target with KGB assassins... (<=== it’s a JOKE)

Bob Costas has hosted the prime time coverage of the Olympics since 1988.
I think that qualifies as knowledge :)

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised they don't have a good backup for him. Then again it's NBC

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Bob Costas has hosted the prime time coverage of the Olympics since 1988.
I think that qualifies as knowledge :)

No. That would qualify as "longevity" and maybe "stamina" or "persistence". We’ve had Obama for 6+ years, and I’d be hard pressed to call him knowledgeable.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
No. That would qualify as "longevity" and maybe "stamina" or "persistence". We?ve had Obama for 6+ years, and I?d be hard pressed to call him knowledgeable.

Fausty :) Bwhahahaha I gotta give you that one hahahaha!

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Let's agree no more political comments here and keep this purely about the Olympic anchor situation

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of disappointed in NBC's Olympic coverage overall. Sure they have the events but the commentary is just poor. I was very disappointed in the opening ceremonies. People were talking and the hosts(Matt and Meredith) were speaking over them. I would have liked to have heard what the people were saying....

I also would have thought hockey was popular enough for them to air it during prime time and not on another channel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711