...!!MLB 2014!!...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Heyward and a player I never heard of for two players I never heard of. I'm guessing the Braves made a bad trade?

Not really...there's no way we could afford him and rebuild the pieces we need after next season anyways (when he becomes a free agent)...he's going to command upwards of $200mill. I think the Braves were just trying to get SOME value for him instead of nothing after the '15 season ended. What sucks though is that he was such a defensive power house and a decent bat (but better base runner) for us...one of our core players...and it's going to be a pretty substantial hole to fill now.

Walden is a decent reliever...but I didn't really care that much about that part of the trade.

Cardinals definitely got the better end of this deal though.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Give Heyward about three years until he trashes his left knee because of the way he swings. Back foot doesn't turn and he torques it a ton.

Similar to Griffey Jr.'s right hammie issues because his front leg would lock out in his swing.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Give Heyward about three years until he trashes his left knee because of the way he swings. Back foot doesn't turn and he torques it a ton.

Similar to Griffey Jr.'s right hammie issues because his front leg would lock out in his swing.

I think the difference between the two is that Heyward doesn't ever swing that hard (which is why he's not known for his raw power at bat, but rather his speed on base)...KGJ was known so much for his massive amounts of HR's, so he was obviously really powering through his swings. Not to say Heyward WON'T end up in that situation, but right now, I don't think he's torquing his body as much as Jr. did.