...!!MLB 2014!!...

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The MVP to a player who only takes the field every fifth day doesn't seem right. That's what the Cy Young award is for.

I'm still bitter about Todd Worrell (P) getting Rookie of the Year over Will "The Thrill" Clark in 1986 so what do I know!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes ��
Today is their last home game and there is an 80% chance of rain. If it gets rained out, it will get postponed. But since they are out of contention, it's likely that they won't end up playing it. He'd end a fantastic career in NY with an 0-4 game ��

Posted via the iMore App for Android

My post was pretty tongue in cheek, but yeah...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
All joking aside, Kershaw deserves MVP...I doubt they give it to him because he's a pitcher, but hot damn he's good.

I don't think you're old enough to have seen Warren Spahn pitch for the Boston & Milwaukee Braves. He was as good as Koufax or Kershaw. Back in the day, they pitched nine innings, almost every time.:p

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The MVP to a player who only takes the field every fifth day doesn't seem right. That's what the Cy Young award is for.

I'm still bitter about Todd Worrell (P) getting Rookie of the Year over Will "The Thrill" Clark in 1986 so what do I know!

Usually I'd agree, but when that player is responsible for winning more games than any other single players, I think they definitely deserve it. He had a 1.77 ERA, which is absolutely ridiculous. Too lazy to check, but I'm sure his WAR is higher than any other single player.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Well all I know is that he and Greinke accounted for 8 wins against my Giants. That alone right there is enough reason to vote no MVP!

Of course, if he made 30 starts for the Giants a season then heck yes he deserves the MVP!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Well all I know is that he and Greinke accounted for 8 wins against my Giants. That alone right there is enough reason to vote no MVP!

Of course, if he made 30 starts for the Giants a season then heck yes he deserves the MVP!

This year, your Giants bite the big one. Being a long time Dodger fan, anyone who beats the Giants deserves the MVP. :rotfl:

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I get it. You wouldn't pick the Dodgers no matter what, but i think you may be surprised.:p

No. I actually like the Dodgers (my favorite NL team), but I don't see them getting past the Nats. I know they can beat the Cardinals.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
No. I actually like the Dodgers (my favorite NL team), but I don't see them getting past the Nats. I know they can beat the Cardinals.

O.K. I've been waiting a long time to see them play this good, and i do bleed Dodger Blue. I've seen every one of their World Series victories(except 1965, as i was in Vietnam), and i think i'm about to see another.:p

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the memories Derek Jeter #2, ENJOY your retirement. I wonder if he will be a first ballot Hall of Famer?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro