!...MLB 2013...!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
A-Rod gets 162 game suspension. He still wants to go to federal court to fight it. Just go away and take the punishment.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
A-Rod gets 162 game suspension. He still wants to go to federal court to fight it. Just go away and take the punishment.

Kind of torn. Hate him. Know he's a cheater, but he's never tested positive to anything. The suspension is for obstruction and helping the Bio-Genisos owner. So in a vacuum, 162 games for a guy who has never been caught seems harsh, but add all the evidence together and part of me things he should have been banned for life.

Federal court may punt this completely and say it's not a judicial issue worthy of their review.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Kind of torn. Hate him. Know he's a cheater, but he's never tested positive to anything. The suspension is for obstruction and helping the Bio-Genisos owner. So in a vacuum, 162 games for a guy who has never been caught seems harsh, but add all the evidence together and part of me things he should have been banned for life.

Federal court may punt this completely and say it's not a judicial issue worthy of their review.

When you admit to it, testing positive (to me) seems redundant (in terms of being punished for such)...

Alex Rodriguez admits taking PEDs during 3-year period - ESPN

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
When you admit to it, testing positive (to me) seems redundant (in terms of being punished for such)...

Alex Rodriguez admits taking PEDs during 3-year period - ESPN

Couldn't agree more...but let's be honest (and again I hate A-Rod), if he would have taken the original offer we wouldn't be having this conversation. The 162 games isn't for PED's it's baseballs way of punishing him for trying to impede the investigation. That's all I'm saying. I agree. Suspend his a$$, fine...just do it within the confines of the CBA.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't agree more...but let's be honest (and again I hate A-Rod), if he would have taken the original offer we wouldn't be having this conversation. The 162 games isn't for PED's it's baseballs way of punishing him for trying to impede the investigation. That's all I'm saying. I agree. Suspend his a$$, fine...just do it within the confines of the CBA.

I view it the same as a person who is being arrested for something trivial like weed...but while being arrested, they resist arrest, cause all kinds of havoc for the cops trying to bring the person in, and then makes a mess of the court date when it comes up, being charged with contempt.

You think that person is going to just sit on his weed charge in the end? LOL! A-Rod acted like a tool, he spit in the face of the league and he poured gas on the fire. When it came time for him to get his punishment handed down, his little circus show amplified it, and I think it was totally fair (if not a bit soft on the leagues part). Personally, I'd have banned him for life to make an example, but I also hate the Yankees, so you know, bias and all.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73