!...MLB 2013...!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know we're still a few weeks away from spring training firing up...but as a Braves fan, I was so excited to read the news all day on my phone! With the Upton bro's in the outfield with Jason Hayward, i think we are going to be LETHAL this year! Chris Johnson is a nice 3rd baseman, and while seeing Prado depart was certainly very sad because he was just straight up awesome, I'm so stoked to see our team this year!

GO BRAVES!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know we're still a few weeks away from spring training firing up...but as a Braves fan, I was so excited to read the news all day on my phone! With the Upton bro's in the outfield with Jason Hayward, i think we are going to be LETHAL this year! Chris Johnson is a nice 3rd baseman, and while seeing Prado depart was certainly very sad because he was just straight up awesome, I'm so stoked to see our team this year!

GO BRAVES!

My my hometown team to yours... You are welcome. Shame there’s not a third Upton - then the Braves could recreate the Giants' All-Alou outfield from the 1963.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
lol...that would be interesting, but given Hayward's season last year, I don't think i could part with him even if there was a 3rd Upton!

From what I have been reading that was a steal of a trade. Braves really didn't give up much for 3 years of Upton at a reasonable salary. Not sure why Arizona was in such a hurry to get rid of him. Heard Gibson had a lot of input in trade. Maybe he didn't get along with him.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
From what I have been reading that was a steal of a trade. Braves really didn't give up much for 3 years of Upton at a reasonable salary. Not sure why Arizona was in such a hurry to get rid of him. Heard Gibson had a lot of input in trade. Maybe he didn't get along with him.

I can’t really explain it all here... way too much history... but Upton's been unproductive, generally, and prone to hitting slumps. At times, he has simply "disappeared", so to speak. The issue with moving him is a sore spot with many of us DBacks fans. But about 2 years ago the management started quietly shopping him around... no significant offers - or at least nothing to make them pull the trigger on the deal. So Justin continued to play right field for the DBacks, and we endured his hitting slumps. Over the past winter, the team management brokered a deal to send Justin to Seattle... but Jupton had a clause that allowed him to veto trades to a few teams... Seattle was on that list, and Upton vetoed the trade. At that point, the die was cast... with management obviously and openly shopping him, and Upton refusing the deal, it was generally understood that Upton wouldn’t be a member of the DBacks for long.

I’d stop short of calling it a "fire sale"... but it was pretty much a screaming deal for Atlanta. AZ got a couple of pitchers... so it wasn’t a total loss... but we’ll have to see how it tuns out in the end.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I can?t really explain it all here... way too much history... but Upton's been unproductive, generally, and prone to hitting slumps. At times, he has simply "disappeared", so to speak. The issue with moving him is a sore spot with many of us DBacks fans. But about 2 years ago the management started quietly shopping him around... no significant offers - or at least nothing to make them pull the trigger on the deal. So Justin continued to play right field for the DBacks, and we endured his hitting slumps. Over the past winter, the team management brokered a deal to send Justin to Seattle... but Jupton had a clause that allowed him to veto trades to a few teams... Seattle was on that list, and Upton vetoed the trade. At that point, the die was cast... with management obviously and openly shopping him, and Upton refusing the deal, it was generally understood that Upton wouldn?t be a member of the DBacks for long.

I?d stop short of calling it a "fire sale"... but it was pretty much a screaming deal for Atlanta. AZ got a couple of pitchers... so it wasn?t a total loss... but we?ll have to see how it tuns out in the end.

I guess. I knew about the Seattle trade. I heard the package they were giving up was way better than what braves gave up. Seems they gave up on him pretty quick. He is still young and only one season removed from being 3rd I believe in MVP voting.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess. I knew about the Seattle trade. I heard the package they were giving up was way better than what braves gave up. Seems they gave up on him pretty quick. He is still young and only one season removed from being 3rd I believe in MVP voting.

Yes, he’s still very young... and will have a great career. BTW, that’s pretty much how the AZ pro sports scene operates... trade them away to become stars somewhere else. :)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, he?s still very young... and will have a great career. BTW, that?s pretty much how the AZ pro sports scene operates... trade them away to become stars somewhere else. :)

Lol well that sucks! Sorry. Must be rough watching. I miss baseball. And warmth. This 10 degree weather is horrible.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Lol well that sucks! Sorry. Must be rough watching. I miss baseball. And warmth. This 10 degree weather is horrible.

Well, we have the warmth in Arizona... but we both have to wait a while for baseball... however, it IS getting closer...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but Prado free agent after this coming season. Braves got an amazing deal. I'm jealous.

I think you guys will extend that man a contract after you see what he can do...he was one of my favorite Braves players in the last decade, AMAZING glove in the infield, and a clutch hitter nearly EVERY time you needed him to be. When Prado came up to bat and there was anyone on base, you knew the Braves were about to get some extra bases...he's King Clutch and like a brick wall between 3rd and 2nd as far as defense goes.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think you guys will extend that man a contract after you see what he can do...he was one of my favorite Braves players in the last decade, AMAZING glove in the infield, and a clutch hitter nearly EVERY time you needed him to be. When Prado came up to bat and there was anyone on base, you knew the Braves were about to get some extra bases...he's King Clutch and like a brick wall between 3rd and 2nd as far as defense goes.

Now for the question of the hour... Upton wore uniform #10 in Arizona... you’re certainly NOT going to allow that in Atlanta, correct? Uni #10 is sacred. Chipper owns it for eternity.

Regarding Prado, hopefully the owners will get it done. But they’ve done more idiotic things than not extending Prado.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He definitely won't get #10...they'll retire that number next season when they put Chipper in the Braves HoF. It's time for the Uptons to start a new era, and with a new era comes a new number, lol!

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Being from the Chicago area, I can honestly say I like both the Sox and Cubs...but when it comes down to it, born and bred White Sox fan.
Looking forward to the new season as well, if for nothing more than it means spring is coming!

Sent from my iPad

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
He definitely won't get #10...they'll retire that number next season when they put Chipper in the Braves HoF. It's time for the Uptons to start a new era, and with a new era comes a new number, lol!

I wouldn't be shocked if he came back to play. Rumor has it he is getting the "itch".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234