NASCAR thread

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ladies & Gents please congratulate Jimmy Johnson on winning his 6th Sprint Cup Championship!

#6PACK!

suck it SeanHRPuff&Stuff and she sells Seashells down by the seashore :cool:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh yeah! Congrats Jimmy Johnson on making NASCAR boring...again...x6.

In all seriousness though...so success...

8rhlusE.gif

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ladies & Gents please congratulate Jimmy Johnson on winning his 6th Sprint Cup Championship!

#6PACK!

suck it SeanHRPuff&Stuff and she sells Seashells down by the seashore :cool:

How sportsman-like of you BLiNK! Yeah whatever, I was happy for Denny even though no one knew or cared he won the race, he deserved it!

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So, I think it's an appropriate to bump this thread.

Only 17 days until the Great American Race!

Hope Jr can finally rack up a Sprint Cup, and a few wins, he's showed signs of greatness the last two years. ;)
I'd love for Jr to have a 2004 like season without the penalties and actually getting the title.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone want to start an anti-JJ group here on iMore? Blink can sit and praise him in a corner, alone, with the 6 shiny trophies and no friends, lol! :dancing:

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone want to start an anti-JJ group here on iMore? Blink can sit and praise him in a corner, alone, with the 6 shiny trophies and no friends, lol! :dancing:

Oh, yes! Something about JJ I just don't like as a driver. Good guy, just can't root for him on Sunday.

Jimmie still owes Jr from that 'Dega win in '11. :p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Daytona quali today! I'm really intrigued to watch the new qualifying style in NASCAR (AKA: F1 style), but since they decided not to go with it for Daytona, this will have to do for now.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The ECR engines have been and fast since preseason thunder. With Dillon on pole, and Truex on outside pole, the ECR engines look like the engines to beat. Then again, this is Daytona, so anything can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So Jr. gets a solid win finally after such a long drought...lol. I can't even say I'm upset by the result, by the 3rd hour of rain delay, I just wanted to watch racing and would have been fine if JJ had won again (though thankfully that wasn't the case).

I will say though that I have never seen a more absurd lack of attention paid by media sources though...when they started playing last years 500, and it only took me a second to realize that Danica was right up front and realized that this was a previous one...but so many reported it as current! LOL!

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
My man Junebug got the win, and is now pretty much guaranteed into the Chase. Doesn't get any better than that.

The last 50 laps of the race, he obviously had one of, if not the best car, and when you pair that with one of the greatest plate track drivers, good things are bound to happen. After 3 second places in the last 4 500's, it's about time he won it again!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was pretty upset that Kyle had such a bad ending...he had an incredible pace and was charging, and then the #16...dammit. I think KB is going to do well this season though.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I was pretty upset that Kyle had such a bad ending...he had an incredible pace and was charging, and then the #16...dammit. I think KB is going to do well this season though.

Yeah, Kyle will definitely dominate this year...

...in Nationwide and Trucks. :p

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
haha...yeah, I just need him to win a championship and then move on to F1. They've been enticing him to migrate over for 2 years now, and he's certainly good enough to do it.

What F1 team has been enticing him to move over?

Sent from my Retina iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What F1 team has been enticing him to move over?

Sent from my Retina iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

F1 as a whole really has, he had a meeting last year with Ecclestone, and that isn't offered to just anyone.

Several teams, some that either fizzled or are part of other teams now (if you pay attention to F1, you know how quickly teams vanish or become combos with other teams)...but USF1 was a front runner when it was being developed, Renault was scheduled for a test with him, he did F3000 testing (which is a feeder to F1 and Indy)...and he had been in talks with Raikkonen's agent when Kimi raced in the truck series race years ago.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Jr is off to a strong start, with the win at Daytona and 2nd at Phoenix. Jr was a tick faster the last two or three laps, but ran out of time.

Harvick wins, essentially locking him and Jr into the Chase.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Jr. was locked in in Daytona, lol. Maybe the removal of that pressure will allow him to actually focus on winning individual races now.

I know he was, I was saying that he and Harvick are locked in now that Harvick has won.

Now, with Jr's luck, he'll suck the rest of the year and fall out of the top 30 in points :p