anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately i had to go there. What are you all thoughts about this subject??? This story keeps getting worse by the minute it seems.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's just going to get worse. He and his dad are both on tape and in print lying about this chick. He's obviously a liar and this scandal is just the start of it.

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
A whole new spin on this is the NFL player talking about supposedly he met this chick clear out of no where. This is just all bad. Curious to see where this is going to lead 2. You guys think this is going to hurt his draft stock? Should it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it could hurt him. Teams don't want a player that is going to bring lies and drama to their team.

I doubt that it'll hurt because in this instance, according to the last news story that I read - This One - the entire team was aware of the situation.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The story keeps changing. Hard to give a opinion due to that. All I can say is its just weird.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. It keeps changing. Every person says something completely different from another. It's going to take a few months to get this all sorted out and I don't know if an NFL team is going to want a player with a black cloud over his head.

If they get it sorted out in a few days, he will be fine. But this looks like something that's going to take months.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The details and facts are very far apart right now...which makes it difficult to get a very clear idea of what happened. One second the kid was too "simple" to understand what was going on, and in the next article you read, he seems 100% in on the situation.

Where my issue with him comes into play is his age. Look at the high school and college kids you know, and think about their knowledge and use of online social websites. I can honestly say that i don't know a single teenager or early 20 something that has anything but a firm grasp on using these things, and would more likely BE one of these people who create these alter-egos online than be tricked by one. I just don't buy his story that he's a simpleton, was not familiar with the internet to know what was happening...and that he was just as surprised to learn this stuff as everyone else was. It just doesn't add up...especially for a stud football player like him, who wouldn't have to resort to some blind online relationship in college, the guy would be fighting women off with a stick!

Unfortunately, i doubt we'll ever learn the real truth here, and he'll end up a millionaire in the NFL with a nice contract and he wont ever have to worry about this situation, then in like 10 years, he'll do an interview with ESPN or Oprah or somebody and he'll fess up to it, and people will laugh like it's a fun joke.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
so now it is looking like he was NOT in on it?? i am so effing confused

any chance i can sue Manti, this girl and media for anguish and suffering?? is there a lawyer in the house?!

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I give this thing has taken so many turns. But now im thinkn what about the nfl player that said he met this chick in real life.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jf1450

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know just one thing. Maybe I'm missing but what did the guy do *wrong*? Did he break a law? Please, set me straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know just one thing. Maybe I'm missing but what did the guy do *wrong*? Did he break a law? Please, set me straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, he didn't break any law. But since when was breaking a law a prerequisite for doing wrong?

From the surface, the story looks like that of a guy who used a pity party story about a dead girlfriend to jack up some emotions for his Heisman run, and that is just foul. Is it against the law to lie in this nature? Nope, not at all, but it makes you a real jackass...and it makes you look like a piece of sh*t for doing it to try and win an award.

He was clearly favored by many people not only because of his abilities, but because of his story...and when it turns out to be a big load of horse manure, he can go get bent.

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
No, he didn't break any law. But since when was breaking a law a prerequisite for doing wrong?

From the surface, the story looks like that of a guy who used a pity party story about a dead girlfriend to jack up some emotions for his Heisman run, and that is just foul. Is it against the law to lie in this nature? Nope, not at all, but it makes you a real jackass...and it makes you look like a piece of sh*t for doing it to try and win an award.

He was clearly favored by many people not only because of his abilities, but because of his story...and when it turns out to be a big load of horse manure, he can go get bent.

You are correct. It's not against the law ti bang your sick wife's sister but it sure is "wrong!"

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's getting more ridiculous by the day. Every time he or someone is I TV more lies are spewed. There are about 5 different story lines going here and he has supported every one at some time. He just needs to admit he has been lying, tell the truth, and move on. All this negative press and lying isn't helping his image or draft stock one bit.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's getting more ridiculous by the day. Every time he or someone is I TV more lies are spewed. There are about 5 different story lines going here and he has supported every one at some time. He just needs to admit he has been lying, tell the truth, and move on. All this negative press and lying isn't helping his image or draft stock one bit.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about him and honestly, I think that was the plan all along - swarm the media with ever changing scenarios to the point where everybody concludes that they'll never know the truth and stop caring either way. If that is indeed the plan, it is working in my regard.

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I'm sick of hearing about him and honestly, I think that was the plan all along - swarm the media with ever changing scenarios to the point where everybody concludes that they'll never know the truth and stop caring either way. If that is indeed the plan, it is working in my regard.

Agreed im ready for them to move on so sick of hearing of this just cover sports already!!

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I think it will hurt his draft stock. If I'm a GM one of two things are going through my head. 1. He is really that dumb to be dating a girl that don't exist for 5 years and that's not someone you want at a middle linebacker position or 2. He is lying and in the future what else could he do and to end up costing your team problems and have the "TO" effect which means no matter how much talent this kid has will be a cancer in the locker room. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR