Bama Fans using iDevices?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Go Bucks! I mean, Roll Tide! Yea...moved to Alabackwards from Ohio. Been many years and I can't make the adjustment.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've lived in Ohio my whole life but my family is from BAMA and I was raised a BAMA fan. Love the Bucks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Nah! You gotta pick one and stay loyal!

Impossible. That would mess up all those millions of bama fans who "ain't never been to no college." Seriously, I don't get college ball fans. I attended the Ohio State University for a summer while I was a full time undergrad student at another Ohio university, so I feel I can at least cheer for them legitimately. But....how many fans attended different schools (or none at all). That defies loyalty.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Impossible. That would mess up all those millions of bama fans who "ain't never been to no college." Seriously, I don't get college ball fans. I attended the Ohio State University for a summer while I was a full time undergrad student at another Ohio university, so I feel I can at least cheer for them legitimately. But....how many fans attended different schools (or none at all). That defies loyalty.

I see what you're saying, but I don't get it. To be a fan of a hockey team you have to have played there and to like an NFL team you need to have played for them, too? You pick teams when you're young and stick with them. That's what I do, at least. I've never changed my teams. Plus, I did go to college there, since it was my college since I was little.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

C'mon, Alli. Didn’t you see that after the "tattoo-gate" scandal, they can no longer refer to themselves that way... they must now reference themselves as AN Ohio State University.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I see what you're saying, but I don't get it. To be a fan of a hockey team you have to have played there and to like an NFL team you need to have played for them, too? You pick teams when you're young and stick with them. That's what I do, at least. I've never changed my teams. Plus, I did go to college there, since it was my college since I was little.

I understand the concept as it pertains to college sports. In my case, I was born and raised in Indiana. I attended many Indiana University football and basketball games growing up, and graduated from there, as well. That?s my team - always will be.

But Indy didn?t have any pro sports teams (save the ABA Pacers) when I moved away... so I have adopted my new hometown (Phoenix) pro teams... and even root for the local university (Arizona State)... Just not a fan of the show-boating NBA, and never really got in to NHL.

On the other hand, my 11 year old grandson picked his teams several years ago, based on who was good at the time. To his credit, he has stuck with those teams.

To each his own.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That's it! See...I spent 4 years in England and 2 in the Republic of China. They don't have any NFL teams in either of those places, and not much in the way of college ball either - unless you want to talk football as opposed to FOOTBALL. I moved every 2 years until I got to college. If I stuck with my original teams I'd be a Wyoming Cowboys and Denver Broncos fan (don't see that happening). And then I'd have changed to being a Cornhusker fan since I took University of Nebraska Extension Division courses while living in Taiwan. Since Alabama doesn't have any professional football because college ball here is professional (yea, I went there), I'm a Saints fan, cause New Orleans is the closest city and we get every game covered. (Why love a team you can't even watch on tv?!)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro