NBA thread

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Tyronn Lue (Cavs head coach) listened to me... they've got Delly on Barbosa, and Richard Jefferson on Livingston. Taking away the mismatches. I'm liking it, 21-19 Cleveland after one.

Also, refs have called some bogus calls, like the one on the LeBron drive. And the missed call on the Draymond Green elbow to the face of JR Smith, and the Richard Jefferson drive...I'll stop here, ha.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Go WARRIORS .
d00de02a15d44ecf1ad5dbc4f245521b.jpg

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
A little late, but I was talking about this on another forum. The Cavs might need to go big, rather than play small ball.

The starting lineup matchups are fine for the Cavs. Steph is a better shooter, Kyrie is a better finisher inside, neither is the greatest on defense. Klay is *usually* slightly better to a whole lot better than Smith, just depends on which Smith shows up. Harrison Barnes is no match for LeBron, on either side of the ball. Love is better on offense, Green is better on defense, take your pick. Thompson is a better rebounder than Bogut, and neither one is the best rim protector.

My point in saying all that is that the Cavs will be fine hanging with the Warriors with their starters. It's when reserves enter that changes need to be made. Instead of running Delly at the point, run Shumpert. That takes away the size mismatch Livingston has. Delly on Barbosa is a lot better matchup for him. LeBron on Barnes/Iggy, Love and Frye on whichever of Ezeli/Speights/Varejao they have in. Then, there won't be those obvious mismatches to exploit.

This series is still very winnable by the Cavs, and I like that just about everyone is saying it's over. Everyone said it was over after Game 1 last year, and they responded by winning 2 straight.

Sure, they responded by winning two straight but they still lost in the end. I think the Warriors have this series. Offensively there isn't much the Cavs have to offer. Typically only two players on the Cavs hit double digit scoring. They need more offensively than Lebron and Kyrie to make a solid effort against the Warriors. Golden State can run a game offensively with a variety of players. Their bench alone can go for 48 on any given night. That is going to be a problem. Their ball movement can tire out any defense. They are a strong team that I don't see the Cavs defeating in this series.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen