NBA thread

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm ready for some NBA Championship Basketball. Is it 9:00PM yet?

Not quite but it's much closer than it has been for the last couple days. I am going to make it a point to stay downstairs to watch a good chunk of this game. If I EVER go upstairs and get in bed, "game. blouses!" :D Didn't see a single possession of Game 7.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Go WARRIORS
9eb5261a58484af46ea6d0506475f054.jpg

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
GS's bench is so deep. Cavs don't have an answer for Iguodala and Livingston.
A little late, but I was talking about this on another forum. The Cavs might need to go big, rather than play small ball.

The starting lineup matchups are fine for the Cavs. Steph is a better shooter, Kyrie is a better finisher inside, neither is the greatest on defense. Klay is *usually* slightly better to a whole lot better than Smith, just depends on which Smith shows up. Harrison Barnes is no match for LeBron, on either side of the ball. Love is better on offense, Green is better on defense, take your pick. Thompson is a better rebounder than Bogut, and neither one is the best rim protector.

My point in saying all that is that the Cavs will be fine hanging with the Warriors with their starters. It's when reserves enter that changes need to be made. Instead of running Delly at the point, run Shumpert. That takes away the size mismatch Livingston has. Delly on Barbosa is a lot better matchup for him. LeBron on Barnes/Iggy, Love and Frye on whichever of Ezeli/Speights/Varejao they have in. Then, there won't be those obvious mismatches to exploit.

This series is still very winnable by the Cavs, and I like that just about everyone is saying it's over. Everyone said it was over after Game 1 last year, and they responded by winning 2 straight.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
A little late, but I was talking about this on another forum. The Cavs might need to go big, rather than play small ball.

The starting lineup matchups are fine for the Cavs. Steph is a better shooter, Kyrie is a better finisher inside, neither is the greatest on defense. Klay is *usually* slightly better to a whole lot better than Smith, just depends on which Smith shows up. Harrison Barnes is no match for LeBron, on either side of the ball. Love is better on offense, Green is better on defense, take your pick. Thompson is a better rebounder than Bogut, and neither one is the best rim protector.

My point in saying all that is that the Cavs will be fine hanging with the Warriors with their starters. It's when reserves enter that changes need to be made. Instead of running Delly at the point, run Shumpert. That takes away the size mismatch Livingston has. Delly on Barbosa is a lot better matchup for him. LeBron on Barnes/Iggy, Love and Frye on whichever of Ezeli/Speights/Varejao they have in. Then, there won't be those obvious mismatches to exploit.

This series is still very winnable by the Cavs, and I like that just about everyone is saying it's over. Everyone said it was over after Game 1 last year, and they responded by winning 2 straight.

Humm, this years series record so far, Warriors 3 wins, Cavaliers 0 wins....I personally think the Cavaliers will win two games, but in the end Warriors will be victorious for their second Championship in as many years.

Go WARRIORS

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I agree that the Cavs can win this series, but they're going to have to win on the road.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm not saying the series is over by any stretch of the imagination. But like you mentioned the Cavs have big time match up problems off the bench. If they play faster like Lue wants them to tonight it could get ugly fast in my opinion. I don't believe they can run with the Warriors. For the Cavs to win they've got to steal one on the road and that's not going to be easy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR