NBA thread

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Smh at my sixers last night. They tried with a little late game push but the spurs are too much.

That thunder clippers game going be good tonight.

Tapatalking

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Love my Lakers but NO WAY DHoward is an Allstar, let alone a starter. I agree, Mark Gasol was snubbed big time!

Dwight Howard is an All-Star center, but I don't think he should be among "this year's" starters. If the coaches were to select the entire cast, Marc Gasol would be among those selected, in my opinion. :D

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Dwight Howard is an All-Star center, but I don't think he should be among "this year's" starters. If the coaches were to select the entire cast, Marc Gasol would be among those selected, in my opinion. :D

I agree he's an Allstar, just not this year

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dwight Howard CAN be a great player...but he so often forgets that he has a job to do, and while i would have really liked to see him come to Atlanta, I was a bit relieved that he didn't (and didn't tie up all that money here given his inconsistent abilities).

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Dwight Howard CAN be a great player...but he so often forgets that he has a job to do, and while i would have really liked to see him come to Atlanta, I was a bit relieved that he didn't (and didn't tie up all that money here given his inconsistent abilities).

Howard is an all-star period it's the lakers coaching if we would have got Phil again Howard would have been playing in all star status it's the lakers organization that too ignorant and stuck up but its cool lakers got it next year

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

When Dwight entered the league out of high school, he was very humble and still is to a degree. In a league where re stars have the power, he was pushed to be a leader and I don't think it fits him well. I mean, not in the sense of a Kobe, a KG or Dwayne Wade. He's a freak of nature in regard to his athleticism and whenever he finds a team or a system that will exploit those abilities like he had in Orlando, he will again be a monster down low in the post. In regard to him not going to Atlanta, don't count him out just yet. He is from there and is still close friends with Josh Smith.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When Dwight entered the league out of high school, he was very humble and still is to a degree. In a league where re stars have the power, he was pushed to be a leader and I don't think it fits him well. I mean, not in the sense of a Kobe, a KG or Dwayne Wade. He's a freak of nature in regard to his athleticism and whenever he finds a team or a system that will exploit those abilities like he had in Orlando, he will again be a monster down low in the post. In regard to him not going to Atlanta, don't count him out just yet. He is from there and is still close friends with Josh Smith.

Talk around town seems to be that Josh Smith's days might be numbered here in Atlanta...

As far as the Lakers coaching...that's the easy way out, that team needs a true captain and a chemistry, both of which are missing right now. Mike Brown got fired, and the entire team danced and cheered and welcomed D'Antoni like he was the second coming or something...and now, they are still experiencing the same woes they were before. Now could it be that they just had the worst luck with two coaches in a row? Sure...I'll give you a slight possibility of that, but i think realistically you have to start looking at the team, their inability to find an inner peace (and in that, chemistry), and also, their wanna-be leader in Kobe who'd just assume burn any one player at the stake than support them and try to better the team all around.

They are a poisoned team...and in my opinion, it stems more from the player's relationships and diligence than it does blame at any one person on the coaching staff.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Talk around town seems to be that Josh Smith's days might be numbered here in Atlanta...

As far as the Lakers coaching...that's the easy way out, that team needs a true captain and a chemistry, both of which are missing right now. Mike Brown got fired, and the entire team danced and cheered and welcomed D'Antoni like he was the second coming or something...and now, they are still experiencing the same woes they were before. Now could it be that they just had the worst luck with two coaches in a row? Sure...I'll give you a slight possibility of that, but i think realistically you have to start looking at the team, their inability to find an inner peace (and in that, chemistry), and also, their wanna-be leader in Kobe who'd just assume burn any one player at the stake than support them and try to better the team all around.

They are a poisoned team...and in my opinion, it stems more from the player's relationships and diligence than it does blame at any one person on the coaching staff.

In regard to Josh Smith, I hadn't heard that particular rumor. Is Josh looking to skip town or is the organization trying to rid the Hawks of him?

In regard to D'Antoni and Brown, we're in agreement, however, I like Brown's focus on defense but he was never given an opportunity to tweak the team for its new additions -- Howard, Clark and Nash. As for D'Antoni, I don't know what to say other than I think he has already lost the team. In regard to D12, I wasn't trying to defend his situation with the Lakers. I was focusing on his personality. He's a mild mannered guy being forced into the role of leader and it is not in him. I don't mean he cannot lead the team in scoring and stuff like that, but in regard to being the team's leader. As for the team's problem, we're in agreement, my friend.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Trade talk is all i know about Josh Smith, but it's been talk for a couple of weeks now...and the Lakers seem to be one team interested.

All i know is the other night i went to the Celtics/Hawks game with my buddies and Jsmooth was shooting free throws like he had glaucoma.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Bulls fan here...was in high school when they started their championship run. Was so much fun to watch those teams.
After MJ hung it up for good (with the Bulls at least), I kinda quit watching, til the last couple of years. This group of guys has made it fun to watch again.
Of course, I'd still rather watch college basketball if given the option.

Sent from my iPad

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Nice to see the Lakers didn't get run out of the gym. If they can play like that 30 more times they might make the playoffs 😏

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That's messed up rondo tore that ACL. Boston might as well start rebuilding.

Tapatalking

Yeah, i agree, i think its time for KG and Pierce to retire, i really hope they don't try and trade Pierce, he's said more than once that he wants to retire a Celtic, I'm a huge Celtic fan, but i foresee rebuilding years ahead of us!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, i agree, i think its time for KG and Pierce to retire, i really hope they don't try and trade Pierce, he's said more than once that he wants to retire a Celtic, I'm a huge Celtic fan, but i foresee rebuilding years ahead of us!

I don't think the Celtics will trade Pierce. He is a Celtic for life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox